MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 C43 AMG
^^^Those are stick ons... I bought them before but decided not to put it on
Old 10-03-2016, 03:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
1999 AMG C43
want to sell to me? why did you decide not to put on?

im thinking of carbon wrap instead of color match. a bit sporty
Old 10-03-2016, 04:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 255 Likes on 216 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
The one on the lid looks decent, but the roof/window just looks too ricer IMO
Old 10-03-2016, 12:48 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2004 E55
I have one on the tail, 3m adhesive. No issues here, I think it compliments that factory rear lip just enough to make it stand out more & can't complain for the price ($40 shipped) + the paint matched surprisingly well.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:51 PM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by mickey13
kow, these spoilers have grown on me over the last week. what do you think for rear lid as well? is that just on there with adhesive or drill in?

it looks najs until some deutschbag decides to tear it off to put it on his car then it won't look so nice with adhesive residue on your trunk
Old 10-03-2016, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 95 Posts
c43
I inserted these pics to show the rear window spoiler on my C43. It still has to be painted black, right now it has the color I used on my custom air boxes which as you can see does not match the glossy black. It's made of fiber glass and bought it on eBay. I be very careful buying these from eBay as they are not easy to install because they don't mold them to make an easy install. I had to custom fit it in and it came out nice and won't be flyin out on the highway. Anyways that's how these spoilers look, took a bit to get use to it, but now I like it.

The trunk spoiler is different from the ones everyone normally buys because it is taller and wider and stand out a bit more. But you have to heat the rubber with a hear gun to stretch it to the sides of the trunk. I did not do that so it came out short on the sides. It really needed to go down more towards the back but I messed up. Glue I used is pretty strong so if I try to remove it I will need to repaint the trunk. So I'm going to leave it and buy the spoiler that you see in the 1st picture. A member in one of the forums has this on his car and I think it looks awesome. After I install it I will be using kitty hair to make it one piece to the trunk.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
Originally Posted by eFifty5AMG
I have one on the tail, 3m adhesive. No issues here, I think it compliments that factory rear lip just enough to make it stand out more & can't complain for the price ($40 shipped) + the paint matched surprisingly well.
Every time I see your car Hayden it makes me want to paint mine white!
But because I already had a white Cr3 and now a black one I'm going to the color I told you before. But white looks really nice.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 343 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
Great job Geo., piece of GOLD..

"ZAYED"
Old 10-03-2016, 06:50 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by speed43
I inserted these pics to show the rear window spoiler on my C43. It still has to be painted black, right now it has the color I used on my custom air boxes which as you can see does not match the glossy black. It's made of fiber glass and bought it on eBay. I be very careful buying these from eBay as they are not easy to install because they don't mold them to make an easy install. I had to custom fit it in and it came out nice and won't be flyin out on the highway. Anyways that's how these spoilers look, took a bit to get use to it, but now I like it.

The trunk spoiler is different from the ones everyone normally buys because it is taller and wider and stand out a bit more. But you have to heat the rubber with a hear gun to stretch it to the sides of the trunk. I did not do that so it came out short on the sides. It really needed to go down more towards the back but I messed up. Glue I used is pretty strong so if I try to remove it I will need to repaint the trunk. So I'm going to leave it and buy the spoiler that you see in the 1st picture. A member in one of the forums has this on his car and I think it looks awesome. After I install it I will be using kitty hair to make it one piece to the trunk.

Thanks & very nice Geo! Always making killer custom installs. You know, that back end kinda looks like the B5 S4..but better of course because it's an AMG. Definitely paint yours the color you were saying!
Old 10-03-2016, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
Thanks Zayed and Hayden. Winter is coming soon so I'm looking forward to removing the moldings and doing the wheel flares and the other stuff on the other side. Why do we love these cars so much?! Even without body mods these cars are just loved. Even bmw guys love this body style, from what I've been told many times.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 AMG C43
Thanks for the pics guys. Very awesome, they look great. So that white trunk spoiler one came pre-painted? Do you know if it's fiberglass or abs? Where did you pick it up?

IDK if I'd want to use a glue so strong that I'd have to repaint the trunk lol.

Did any of the "classic" tuners ever offer any body trim like these?
Old 10-04-2016, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
Thanks for the pics guys. Very awesome, they look great. So that white trunk spoiler one came pre-painted? Do you know if it's fiberglass or abs? Where did you pick it up?

IDK if I'd want to use a glue so strong that I'd have to repaint the trunk lol.

Did any of the "classic" tuners ever offer any body trim like these?
See here:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...oiler&_sacat=0

The ones I've bought for past cars were made of flexible rubber. PUF some call the material. You don't need to add super strength glue. I use it because one time it flew of the car. And I normally fiber glass them to the trunk for a nice oem look. The double sided tape that comes with most of these spoilers are not 3M as advertised, so be careful.

With these cheap tapes when rain and other weather conditions occur the tapes adherence weakens and spoiler begins to move. So make sure you use 3M tape for sure. Adding some clear silicone around the edges will also help preserve the spoiler and keep water and dirt from entering the sides. But have fun getting a nice smooth looking finish with that idea. Using tape around spoiler than siliconing it works out pretty good though.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
Here's my X C43 showing the small trunk spoiler fiber glassed right into the trunk.
In real life it looked awesome! Compliments every time people looked at it. They always asked if the car came like that. Hard to see because the black color but you get the idea. If you guys know a body man that can do that you won't regret it. I'm sure it will be pretty expensive for someone to do that.

Last edited by speed43; 10-04-2016 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by speed43
Here's my X C43 showing the small trunk spoiler fiber glassed right into the trunk.
In real life it looked awesome! Compliments every time people looked at it. They always asked if the car came like that. Hard to see because the black color but you get the idea. If you guys know a body man that can do that you won't regret it. I'm sure it will be pretty expensive for someone to do that.

do you have more pics of this car?
that was a ducktail spoiler on trunk, sumthin' similar like w124CE AMG in the 90's

did you get your front/rear fenders stretched?
looks dope like w124 500E

what is dat ventilation hole on front fender?
what das it do?

side skirts they are custom made?

looks like Batmans weekend fun car

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 10-04-2016 at 03:35 AM.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 AMG C43
very nice work! would look really awesome with some deeeeeep dish rims lol

I noticed the fender is different than in the earlier pics. more modern, did you do the square cut outs yourself in the first one or did you order those fenders.

Last edited by mickey13; 10-04-2016 at 08:04 AM.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 255 Likes on 216 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Different upgrade. Nice!
I find the suspension could be lowered a bit to fill the enlarged wells. Are those 18" or 17"?
Old 10-04-2016, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
Originally Posted by kowalski
do you have more pics of this car?
that was a ducktail spoiler on trunk, sumthin' similar like w124CE AMG in the 90's

did you get your front/rear fenders stretched?
looks dope like w124 500E

what is dat ventilation hole on front fender?
what das it do?

side skirts they are custom made?

looks like Batmans weekend fun car
Thanks.
The wheel flares I pushed out the metal than fiber glassed to make it look a little aggressive if that makes sense? The skirt on the 1st picture is stock but I pushed it out more for the same purpose as flares. The skirt on the 2nd picture is also stock but I customized it and made it lower to the ground. Kind of like the C36 skirts, which I really like.

The ventilation hole in 2nd picture is just that, to let hit air out...
Batmans weekend fun car sounds like a compliment to me so thanks.
The 2nd picture of the C43 I no longer own. 1st picture is my current C43 I picked up for $3300. Had surface rust on fenders doors and quarter panels. I took care of that first before I did the body mods. Below is how it looked before the mods. More coming this winter.

Old 10-04-2016, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
very nice work! would look really awesome with some deeeeeep dish rims lol

I noticed the fender is different than in the earlier pics. more modern, did you do the square cut outs yourself in the first one or did you order those fenders.
Mickey I completely agree with you on the deep dish rims!
Do they even make them for our C43's? I know the front can't have to much of a lip because of brakes. I seen a c280 with deep dish front and back and man it looked awesome!

The earlier picture I cut the fender myself and made it functional to let hot air out. I still need to install the mesh in the open area. I will be doing something similar to that in the hood, one on each side.. May sound weird but it will be nice and look as you mentioned, more modern.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
Originally Posted by DRBC43AMG
Different upgrade. Nice!
I find the suspension could be lowered a bit to fill the enlarged wells. Are those 18" or 17"?
Thanks Daniel. I will be lowering the front a LITTLE bit and the rear about an inch or little more. Right now it's going to wait till next summer.
The rims are 18's taken from a SL something Mercedes. Had to use spacers to make them fit.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:41 PM
Banned

i notice you removed all of the side decore trim on Batman car.
did you fill the gaps with filler bondo?
car looks very clean without decore panels car stands out from another C43, looks very cool.

your current car with SL AMG rims.
front door without door handle is out of alignment seen the front part of the door trim looks a bit higher, did you remove the door to work on rust or was your car in an accident?
Old 10-04-2016, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
Originally Posted by kowalski
i notice you removed all of the side decore trim on Batman car.
did you fill the gaps with filler bondo?
car looks very clean without decore panels car stands out from another C43, looks very cool.

your current car with SL AMG rims.
front door without door handle is out of alignment seen the front part of the door trim looks a bit higher, did you remove the door to work on rust or was your car in an accident?
I filled in with kitty hair which is body filler with fiber glass mixed in. Very STRONG stuff and way better than just body filler. I use the kitty hair for just about everything in body work.

Yeah I removed the door to get to some light rust. The door is good now and the door handle installed. There was surface rust under the door handle as well.

Removing the side moldings and filling in does make it look more modern to ME. Some people don't even think it's a 20 year old car. I will be painting the whole car flat space grey or something similar but flat for sure, than sell if I get an offer like my first C43 than buy another and do the same.....
Old 10-05-2016, 03:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 AMG C43
yah man. deep dish was very popular once upon a time. i used to have many pics of the different ones i wanted. they all seem impossible to buy now. there are shops that make custom rims and might be able to etch something out for us.

I straight up jack this from another forum cause im a mean mf like that,

HERES THE QUOTE:

I don't think I have any close up pictures of these wheels. The fronts are 8.5J ET30. The wheels sit almost flush with the arch.

Can't really see from this angle but there just inside the arch lip:

Last edited by mickey13; 10-05-2016 at 03:54 AM.