C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forged cross spoke OEM coupe wheels on sedan?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 01:48 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C63s Sedan | 2016 Yukon XL Denali
Forged cross spoke OEM coupe wheels on sedan?

First of all, I love this car! She has been incredible and puts a smile on my face everytime I drive.

One thing I have noticed is traction in the rear can be a little...lacking. I know a simple answer to this is to go with wider tires, but from what I'm reading, it's not very safe to do on the OEM wheel (too narrow). That being said, I also do really like the OEM forged wheels that came on the car.

So the question is, can I get the cross spoke wheels from a coupe and put them on the sedan? They are wider and OEM rubber is 285 v the 265 on mine.

And second, if I can, where would I go about finding a set? I'm cool with going the 19/20 look like the coupe.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:26 AM

Received 118 Likes on 102 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by Mikey_boy
First of all, I love this car! She has been incredible and puts a smile on my face everytime I drive.

One thing I have noticed is traction in the rear can be a little...lacking. I know a simple answer to this is to go with wider tires, but from what I'm reading, it's not very safe to do on the OEM wheel (too narrow). That being said, I also do really like the OEM forged wheels that came on the car.

So the question is, can I get the cross spoke wheels from a coupe and put them on the sedan? They are wider and OEM rubber is 285 v the 265 on mine.

And second, if I can, where would I go about finding a set? I'm cool with going the 19/20 look like the coupe.
19x10.5" cross spoke wheels are available on some markets around the world.

I had my Mercedes dealership in Australia quote the rears up and were $2500 each.

Im still thinking about this option as well as I love these wheels.

Im running 295/30/19 on my factory 9.5" cross spokes with no issue and and now traction is hardly ever broken.

Old 02-04-2017, 01:33 AM
SPONSOR

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
GT3RS, 356, Raptor, M2, Sprinter 4x4
Don't know this for sure but based on the aftermarket wheels we have done for these platforms, these wheels I believe are different. May be cheaper to find an aftermarket wheel, in a similar style.

Let us know if you'd like to see some options. Got a few that are pretty similar.
Old 02-04-2017, 04:13 AM

Received 118 Likes on 102 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by SupremePower
Don't know this for sure but based on the aftermarket wheels we have done for these platforms, these wheels I believe are different. May be cheaper to find an aftermarket wheel, in a similar style.

Let us know if you'd like to see some options. Got a few that are pretty similar.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:28 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
C63S Estate
I was told they won't fit when I was looking at this an option for the estate but since then have found many better options of aftermarket wheels. Bigger choice and you can get custom forged to fit for the sort of money Benz spares will charge you.

Here in Australia BC Forged are becoming popular (see Sanch's thread) as an alternative to the usual US made wheels although you can't go wrong with any of them. I'm getting a set made half an inch wider front and back to try and help traction and turn in. Helps to find a shop that knows what they are talking about to size it correctly for you or can link into the manufacturer who will have made wheels for your car before.