Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Xpel Stealth - Feedback

Hi Friends,

Just wanted some feedback regarding Xpel Stealth.

I have Xpel clear bra atm, however I saw this GTS fully wrapped in the Stealth and has sparked my curiosity.

Any feedback (+ or -) will be helpful.

If someone's done it, please let us know rough costs

Thanks!

Old 02-15-2017, 03:59 AM

Received 97 Likes on 90 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS
I had a rough price of around £3.5-£4k from my detailer for doing mine Sanch. Aside from cost I'm not sure that a wrap like this is going to be doable fully edge to edge. Normally there are odd small gaps with films which might be noticeable with the gloss to matt transition.
The following users liked this post:
Sanch (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 09:08 AM

Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts
/////PRO
There is a black car locally with it, looks really neat. It does NOT have the transition gap issues like mentioned above by dragon, as it is wrapped like a normal color wrap would be, not a standard paint protectant film where it doesn't always reach the edges.
Sanch (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback.

Dragon - I know exactly what you mean. I think I have to find a proper installer to put the film on or else it will look bad. Like dlefty said it needs to be wrapped properly not a pre cut template.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:35 PM

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
'2020 Ford Raptor w/ Racaros / 2018 AMG GTC / KTM Superduke 1290R
Originally Posted by Sanch
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback.

Dragon - I know exactly what you mean. I think I have to find a proper installer to put the film on or else it will look bad. Like dlefty said it needs to be wrapped properly not a pre cut template.
I have my "on the boat" Magno Selenite Grey c63s coupe full expel stealth wrap appointment set for when it arrives... being done by a local xpel authorized dealer and installer .. $5500 cdn for entire stealth wrap, black gloss roof panel, and the front grill wings in gloss black
Old 02-15-2017, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by kck77
I have my "on the boat" Magno Selenite Grey c63s coupe full expel stealth wrap appointment set for when it arrives... being done by a local xpel authorized dealer and installer .. $5500 cdn for entire stealth wrap, black gloss roof panel, and the front grill wings in gloss black
Very nice, I think the costs are very much the same in AUD.

Congrats on the car, look forward to seeing some pics!
Old 02-15-2017, 08:14 PM

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
2019 Audi SQ5, 2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4wd, 2016 Ford Focus se Hatchback
Originally Posted by kck77
Out of curiousity, what made you pick a matte finish and then wrap in with a matte wrap vs just not paying for the matte finish and just wrapping with matte wrap. I was curious because I was on the fence about this and just decided to go gloss selenite grey and potentially wrap with stealth.

Thanks.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:52 PM

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
'2020 Ford Raptor w/ Racaros / 2018 AMG GTC / KTM Superduke 1290R
Originally Posted by See63esS
Out of curiousity, what made you pick a matte finish and then wrap in with a matte wrap vs just not paying for the matte finish and just wrapping with matte wrap. I was curious because I was on the fence about this and just decided to go gloss selenite grey and potentially wrap with stealth.

Thanks.
You know, thats a great question... I briefly touched on that before finalizing my build. I was not sure ( and maybe someone who has seen the stealth xpel on a selenite grey can add more info ) how the stealth ppf would look on a selenite grey compared to the Magno... I just love the Magnos sheen and how it looks in different light; and the xpel stealth ppf doesn't take away from that at all on numerous c63s I have seen. There is literally no change. I was thinking possibly the xpel stealth on the gloss selenite paint may not have the same look, sheen, and change in certain lights. Some say the stealth xpel is really actually made for matte paint finishes, not for gloss paint... not sure there is any merit to that, have just read it on this forum in some threads. Then there is a matter of all the door/trunk jams that would remain glossy on a regular selenite grey with stealth xpel, which would bug me. Check out @amg_tdso on instagram ... he has an amazing Magno c63s coupe ED 1 minus all the yellow; that was an available spec in the UK .. could get the ED 1 minus the motorsports yellow exterior... he has a complete xpel stealth ppf, and it just looks so wicked in all different lights, he captures it beautifully. I am going for that same spec/look, so I just stuck with the Magno... in the off chance the gloss selenite grey didn't have the same presence after the ppf. There is also a really good video on you tube of the stealth ppf being applied to his car.
See63esS (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 10:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 c63s coupe
I have the edition 1 with the yellow stripe. Had it installed back in September, full coverage. And since the stripes are glossy, I had them put glossy protection film over the stripe portions. This way it maintains the original look of the car, gives complete coverage. The only area where you can see a gap would be the front apron, and unfortunately a bit where the hood's yellow stripe is located, as the stripe is wider near the windshield compared to near the front grille. I paid $4000
Old 02-15-2017, 10:35 PM

2017 c63s coupe
Here is the installer's webpage with install pictures
https://www.firstclasscarwraps.com/s...tosports-Miami
Old 02-15-2017, 10:40 PM

2017 c63s coupe
My only concern is how the film is going to be removed in the future. XPEL states that the film has a guarantee not to fade or crack for 10 years. That may be fine and dandy, however if you look at some of the YouTube videos showing the film after many years of aging, there are times that you really need to buff that adhesive off. Granted, there are right ways to remove film and wrong ways. I just can't find any info on film removal after several years have passed from matte painted cars. So if anyone out there has more information on this, it would be greatly appreciated
Old 02-15-2017, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Seems the stealth wrap would be ideal for Matte finish. Gloss defects will be a lot more visible.