Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

What's up Bay Area!! - any one have a STAR diagnostic system??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 05:56 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2005 C55 AMG
What's up Bay Area!! - any one have a STAR diagnostic system??

Never thought I'd own a Mercedes, but here I am.

Recently moved from New York City to SF for work (everyone here seems to be a transplant.. and OGs are unicorns), and needed a ride to get around - and cruise Highway 1, of course!

Picked up an '03 e320 for super cheap. living in the city, I thought this was the perfect car - It's a nice ride, and I wouldn't stay up at night worrying it'd get bumped or broken into.

The car was in great condition, but had some problems - engine mounts were shot, shocks were worn, and I had a CEL. Luckily, I have a friend with every tool imaginable. We replaced the engine mounts, swapped in new shocks (Bilstein B6s, and I eventually dropped the front on H&Rs), and traced the CEL to an "evaporative fuel emission" leak thing (ended up replacing the Fuel pump) - which worked! ... for a short while.

After I passed smog (thankfully), the CEL came back on, and this time with 9 CODES!! I already have a thread on this, and am offering to send a pizza to who ever can help me solve this:

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ease-help.html

If there's anyone with a STAR diagnostic tool in the Bay Area, I would love to take you out for beers - or send you a pizza - to help me with diagnosing what the hell is going on. Suggestions to reasonably priced mechanics are welcome too!

Anyways, I'm starting to fall for Mercedes. I love the ride and event at 14 years old, it's still got style.

Cheers,
Riley
Old 03-10-2017, 05:57 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2005 C55 AMG
oh, and here are some pics

lowered in the front with H&Rs

trying to be abstract
Old 03-13-2017, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG