W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How is the Service Dept. of Mercedes of South Bay (Torrance, CA)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E350 Sport
Considering E63 lease. How is the Service Dept. of Mercedes of South Bay (Torrance)

I am considering leasing either an E63 or perhaps an S550 this week. Haven't had a Mercedes since 2000 so I don't have any current experience with this dealer re: service. I currently lease an Audi A6 4.2 which is serviced at Pacific Audi. My experience there is excellent with loaners always available and several good SA's.

Especially given MBs reliability ratings recently, I am leery of leasing one if the local dealer is not up to par. At minimum I would expect loaners with reasonable notice (especially for owners of these models) and a staff of good SAs, or at least one I could latch onto. Also, I may not be leasing the car from this dealer (MBLN?) and wonder if anyone has experience servicing their car at this dealer if they didn't buy it there?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. Looking forward to rejoining the 'club".

Last edited by clovercp; 12-28-2006 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
i'll tell you this....i got riped off there before and so have a few others......

south bay torrance and manhattan beach are owned by the same people but manhattan beach has better servie and the staff is nice as well.....i'd go there for service if you had to
Old 12-28-2006, 11:18 PM

I have been very pleased with their service dept since I first bought my E55 three years ago, then my E63 in August. They have been great...very professional.

There have been a couple instances where they really went the extra mile to take care of me and make sure I was happy.

Last edited by E63AMG; 12-29-2006 at 01:16 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:05 PM

Ferrari California Mercedes G550
Likely a front for identity theft.

Very shady dealership. I’m actually concerned that they scammed me and obtained all my personal information for identity theft. I purchased the car, gave them a $5000 deposit, signed the contract and then they “claim” they sold the car before I could pick it up (which was one day after I gave them the deposit.) Jin Choi, loannis Savvas and Kevin are very shady. I’m looking into their criminal history, I bet something pops up. Wasted a ton of my time, ran my credit (although they didn’t need to) and took my credit card number for the deposit! Total scam. These thieves now have my credit card number, social security number, drivers license and address. This dealership is likely a front for identity theft. I’m not sure what to do now.
Old Yesterday, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 635 Likes on 471 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by Brenthazen555
Very shady dealership. I’m actually concerned that they scammed me and obtained all my personal information for identity theft. I purchased the car, gave them a $5000 deposit, signed the contract and then they “claim” they sold the car before I could pick it up (which was one day after I gave them the deposit.) Jin Choi, loannis Savvas and Kevin are very shady. I’m looking into their criminal history, I bet something pops up. Wasted a ton of my time, ran my credit (although they didn’t need to) and took my credit card number for the deposit! Total scam. These thieves now have my credit card number, social security number, drivers license and address. This dealership is likely a front for identity theft. I’m not sure what to do now.
File a consumer complaint with BBB and write your negative reviews on Yelp and Google and go elsewhere like
​​​​​​Fletcher Jones.
The following users liked this post:
Brenthazen555 (Yesterday)