CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

ABC pump rebuild. problems....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 07:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 S65 AMG
ABC pump rebuild. problems....

OK, so i rebuilt the tandem pump on my buddys CL. was not very difficult as i was clean and careful through out the whole process.
Got it all back together and in the car and I CANT GET THE DARN POWER STEERING TO WORK!!!

The pump was rebuilt for ABC side issues. After the force pressure bleed, the ABC works as is should (yay for me) but I can not get pressure through the power steering side. I've tried pressure bleeding and suction bleeding as well as i've turned the wheel lock to lock about 200 times now.

Does anyone know why this wouldn't work?
Old 05-07-2014, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL55, S550, 450SL
Did you turn the steering wheel to the left then to right a few times before starting the engine for the first time after installing the pump? I remember reading that if you don't do this, you can mess up the pump. You used the correct pentosin oil in the steering as well right??
Old 05-08-2014, 11:31 AM

2006 S65 AMG
about 30 times with the wheels off the ground as well as pressurizing the abc side on first start up..
Old 05-09-2014, 01:57 PM

2006 S65 AMG
problem solved! got a new pump
Old 06-28-2017, 11:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SL55 AMG
Hello everyone!

I have a question on something that I am having an issue with:

After I removed the pressed in pulley and the reservoir cover, I found a green oil seal attached to the shaft with the brand Stefa on it. I removed that seal with no issue but underneath that seal there is another type of seal that I cannot seem to remove. It appears to be a ceramic or metal seal surrounded by a split metal washer or collet. Has anyone removed this and if so can you please explain to me how you did it and what tools you used?

Also, from step 5 to 6 on this diy I could not take apart both ends of the pump. This may be due to that very seal. I took apart all the small hex screws on the face and all the larger hex screws along the outer diameter as well as the green seal and the pump would not come apart. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you guys for your time. I have found this thread to be extremely informative and it has encouraged me to tackle this DIY project.