C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Which XENTRY should I buy to work on W205s?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 07:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Which XENTRY should I buy to work on W205s?

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a scanner that I can use on the W205 and other newer models. I'm looking for one that can adapt new airbags and code SAM modules and cancel SRS lights and adapt ESP angle sensors etc.

I was looking on Aliexpress and I found so many different types; C4, C5, Connect, Xentry etc etc just alot of names and types. I need a little help choosing the right one that can do what I need.

I'd appreciate it if anyone has any insight on this topic. I always work on the newer models now and so I really need this XENTRY tool. I'm really confused about the capability of the different models and what not.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...rchText=xentry

Thanks.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 346 Likes on 207 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
tuned in for answer. i read somewehre that c4 mux should work for our cars. the only problem with coding is that it is online database from mb. im no expert but it appears to be more challenging than before.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:10 PM

Received 107 Likes on 63 Posts
W205 C250BT
You will want to do your research before shelling out for one of these kits. A C4 mux (clone) will be OK on the 205. I purchased one two years ago and wrote a review early on, which may be of interest for you.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-w205-yet.html

It's a good tool for diagnostics and some minor adjustments, but most things (e.g. SAM coding) is only really possible via an online MB account.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Originally Posted by DBOC205
You will want to do your research before shelling out for one of these kits. A C4 mux (clone) will be OK on the 205. I purchased one two years ago and wrote a review early on, which may be of interest for you.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-w205-yet.html

It's a good tool for diagnostics and some minor adjustments, but most things (e.g. SAM coding) is only really possible via an online MB account.
I think I need the SCN coding because I'm replacing seat belts and I think you can't just take off the battery and replace I think they need to be coded.

So basically the kit is useless for any component replacement for the newer cars?
Old 10-14-2017, 07:05 PM

W205 C250BT
Originally Posted by e500slr
So basically the kit is useless for any component replacement for the newer cars?
No it's not 'useless' ... but they haven't made it easy because of the online coding. If you are willing to hang out on Russian hacker forums or pay money to get required files, or even buy temporary access to an SCN coding account, it's all possible. Without any kind of training or reference however, you're mainly flying blind and will need to learn through trial-by-error. It mainly depends on how adventurous you feel with this stuff and whether you can afford to get the car repaired if you really stuff things up. If you just need components replaced you're probably just best to go see an dealer or MB mechanic who knows what they're doing.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
So what kit can do the most without a online account?
Old 10-16-2017, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
so i did some research into this. a c4 mux should work on our cars. c5 is coming out or is out and works on all the newest cars.

http://www.mbstartool.com/wholesale/...-mb-sd-c4.html

this site sells the full systems as well as SCN coding access fro 89 bucks.

i plan to use this site going forward. let me know if anyone has experience with this site good or bad.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:41 PM

W205 C250BT
Originally Posted by Star4life
so i did some research into this. a c4 mux should work on our cars. c5 is coming out or is out and works on all the newest cars.
http://www.mbstartool.com/wholesale/...-mb-sd-c4.html
this site sells the full systems as well as SCN coding access fro 89 bucks.
i plan to use this site going forward. let me know if anyone has experience with this site good or bad.
They are the same mob I purchased from. Back then they were called mbstarshop.com but it's basically just the same site shifted under a new domain after they copped too much crap in online forums. Easy to buy from, but don't expect any backup or service. The clones are average but they do work. Do more reading in other forums before you buy into their Online SCN coding. You need to remember that it will be session based (i.e. done on one module for one update session only; the car has over 50 modules). They don't share the account password credentials (they remote into your machine to do the update). The other thing you need to keep in mind is VeDoc, which is the central vehicle database at MB which contains your car's configuration against your VIN code. Xentry and Online SCN will flash the module software based only on the config found in VeDoc. If you think you can just change some setting and then do SCN, you'll be disappointed to find out you've wasted a heap of money and time. Work out what you want or need to do before you purchase any of this kind of stuff - especially from places like the above. Unless you're planning on buying for mainly diagnostic purposes, do plenty of reading on places like MHH first.
The following users liked this post:
Star4life (10-17-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by DBOC205
They are the same mob I purchased from. Back then they were called mbstarshop.com but it's basically just the same site shifted under a new domain after they copped too much crap in online forums. Easy to buy from, but don't expect any backup or service. The clones are average but they do work. Do more reading in other forums before you buy into their Online SCN coding. You need to remember that it will be session based (i.e. done on one module for one update session only; the car has over 50 modules). They don't share the account password credentials (they remote into your machine to do the update). The other thing you need to keep in mind is VeDoc, which is the central vehicle database at MB which contains your car's configuration against your VIN code. Xentry and Online SCN will flash the module software based only on the config found in VeDoc. If you think you can just change some setting and then do SCN, you'll be disappointed to find out you've wasted a heap of money and time. Work out what you want or need to do before you purchase any of this kind of stuff - especially from places like the above. Unless you're planning on buying for mainly diagnostic purposes, do plenty of reading on places like MHH first.
so are you saying its impossible to change vehicle configuration settings if its not in VeDoc? Is VeDoc able to be changed>
Old 10-17-2017, 05:00 PM

W205 C250BT
Originally Posted by Star4life
so are you saying its impossible to change vehicle configuration settings if its not in VeDoc? Is VeDoc able to be changed>
That's not what I'm saying - you can flash modules outside of Xentry (e.g. with Vediamo), but again it's not entirely clear cut or easy if you are modifying the electronics/software to any extent and expect it to just stay that way. Every dealer has access to VeDoc and you will also find plenty of people online who will change it for you (at a price mostly - of course). AFAIK, VeDoc will just let you set the SA codes for the vehicle (i.e. VIN). The actual software updates are then done via the Online SCN.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLS 350 d 4MATIC
I purchased many tools from this site ,my C4 has used one year ,anyway ,their good .
Old 10-18-2017, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C200 OM651 ED125 / W215 CL600 M275
In this kit you are getting the whole setup however I would recommend to install everything from scratch. There are also tools such as Vediamo and DTS Monaco. These tools allow you to do variant coding the old way however I do not think you can install a frimware through it as it ECU's is checking checksums etc. C4 will work just fine ;-) Chineese C5 are the clones of C4 in a new case with the same electronics so there is no point to pay more ;-)