Amg door pin install fail

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 09:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 E63 Amg S
Amg door pin install fail

Photo from someone else
So I was in the process of upgrading my pins to the amg ones for the rear doors. Removing the door panel was easy, however, putting on the new pins is another story. I couldn’t get them to pop on, there is a rib on the plastic pin (circled in red) that the amg pin attaches to. It does not go on, I was trying so hard that I broke the plastic pin (circled in red) in the process. I’m beginning to think that it has to get glued on to secure it, thoughts?

Also what part number/s do I need to replace the plastic pin that’s attached to the cable? I’ve been googling, but nothing is clear on what I need
Old 07-17-2018, 10:29 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
E63s
Originally Posted by Dustin Raine

Photo from someone else
So I was in the process of upgrading my pins to the amg ones for the rear doors. Removing the door panel was easy, however, putting on the new pins is another story. I couldn’t get them to pop on, there is a rib on the plastic pin (circled in red) that the amg pin attaches to. It does not go on, I was trying so hard that I broke the plastic pin (circled in red) in the process. I’m beginning to think that it has to get glued on to secure it, thoughts?

Also what part number/s do I need to replace the plastic pin that’s attached to the cable? I’ve been googling, but nothing is clear on what I need
HI I did these on my e63 2 years back and yes you do have to glue the rear ones on, the fronts just screws on,There is actually a detailed sheet from Mercedes to glue the rear ones on if I find it I can repost it , I actually used the clear gorilla glue EPOXY in the dual syringe or similar to install mine and it worked perfect because its very thick and won' run down the cable like CA glue can, mix the epoxy then get a nice amount on the end of a chop stick then hold the pin under it and let it drip right into the bottom of the pin you only need 1 nice drop, you don't want to much it will bleed out, when you put it on hold the unlock button down so you can set it in the up position make sure the AMG logo is facing inward or whatever way you want just let it set for 5 mins and your done.
Since you broke the end off that cable Im pretty sure you will have to replace it, if you glue the pin onto that it will be too deep into the door panel,
Old 07-17-2018, 10:40 PM

2015 E63 Amg S
Ok thanks for the suggestion, any idea, or know someone that knows the part number? Or is there an online part catalogue somewhere?
Old 07-17-2018, 10:45 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
E63s
Ok thanks for the suggestion, any idea, or know someone that knows the part number? Or is there an online part catalogue somewhere?
Just google a Mercredes parts ,or stop by a local Mercedes dealer they might even have one in stock
Old 07-18-2018, 12:14 AM

2015 E63 Amg S
Ok, doing research if the lock pin breaks, have to order a whole new cable which is only about $15. But in order to change them out you have to remove the metal part that connects to the door, which involves a lot of work (removing window motor, removing all the rivets bla bla blah lol), so I will probably just find a way to glue the plastic pin back on and make it longer as I lost a piece when it broke in three pieces. It’s shady, but will probably save me $1000 bucks lol
Old 07-18-2018, 03:53 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
G Wagon
Hi Dustin,

Please PM your car VIN, we'll check matching AMG pins for your vehicle. Thanks.

Update: Usually W212 stainless steel AMG door pins are: A 000 766 02 28 - front doors 2 pcs. A 000 766 03 28 - rear doors 2 pcs. Rear pins shorter than front.

Last edited by mercteil; 07-18-2018 at 03:57 AM.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:33 AM

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
Audi BMW Ferrari MB & RR

A000 766 02 28
A000 766 03 28

https://www.scribd.com/document/3840...etainer-Button
Old 07-18-2018, 10:26 AM

2015 E63 Amg S
Originally Posted by mercteil
Hi Dustin,

Please PM your car VIN, we'll check matching AMG pins for your vehicle. Thanks.

Update: Usually W212 stainless steel AMG door pins are: A 000 766 02 28 - front doors 2 pcs. A 000 766 03 28 - rear doors 2 pcs. Rear pins shorter than front.
I got the right pins straight from Mercedes, those numbers match the ones on the boxes.