E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Let of the beloved W211 :(((

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 02:31 PM

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts
W218 Stage 2, E85
Let of the beloved W211 :(((

It's been a while since I've been here; learned quite a few things from folks here. I even picked the wheels for my W211 from a user here on the E55 AMG I believe. Yes, I is a thief lol.

Well, the time has come for it to leave. Mine was plagued with the balance shaft issue...October 2017 lol. But I kept on driving. I think it had about 160k ish miles and now, it has 191k. Ever since that light came up, my heart broke and I was, literally, very sad that this piece is going to die, soon. I couldn't repair it, costs about 2500 to 3000 bucks and the car's value was 3k to 3.5k. Wasn't worth it. So I decided to keep driving. Luckily, it didn't need a smog that year, but this year it's due in December. It drove pretty well. It does shakes/jerks here and there often like there is an earthquake. But I'm used to it. So now, it didn't pass the smog. I mean how could it, it has about 6-7 different check engine lights on now LMAO. Some are minor, but ever since the balance shaft issue came up, I didn't even bother fixing ANYTHING on it. I was angry at it so I didn't fix it.

Sadder part comes when things were going well. I had 20' Verde wheels on it. Lowered on Megan Racing coilovers. And I just ordered my E63 AMG front bumper. A few days after when the bumper arrived, codes related to balance shaft issue showed up. The person wouldn't take the bumper back and it sat in my garage for 2 months, thinking what to do with it while my car is pretty much dying or could die anytime. Eventually, I put it on. Had m friend paint it in his garage, the thing came out with pretty much a perfect match with rest of the paint on the car.

Now, I only have a little time left with the car and going to strip it off the bumper, wheels, coilovers...or anything else if someone here wants a piece of. I am retiring the car with the BAR program and get that one grand/ or 1.5k.

If anyone looking for parts, anything, send me an email @ Balroop12@gmail.com

Recently, a rock must've hit my front lower left fog light grill which left a hole in there haha and some minor tiny rock chips on the bumper.

Here are some pictures:

Old 11-12-2018, 02:35 PM

W218 Stage 2, E85
Now that I had a good set of 3 Benzes, one gotta go
C250, E350, CLS550.
I really hate to see it go. I get angrier as the days come close for its

departure.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts
'99 CLK/05 E500 WAG
What up dude! Sorry to hear about the sharp looking ride! All will be alright in the long run, because everything happens for a reason. Maybe big bro in the sky has something planned for you, and often times we have to move onward to see. KIT!
2MERKS
Old 11-13-2018, 04:10 AM

W218 Stage 2, E85
Originally Posted by 2MERKS
What up dude! Sorry to hear about the sharp looking ride! All will be alright in the long run, because everything happens for a reason. Maybe big bro in the sky has something planned for you, and often times we have to move onward to see. KIT!
2MERKS

Well, the black CLS550 is the replacement that I already bought. Bought it early and took my time so I wouldn't have to buy one in rush. It only has 60k miles. I just am not ready to give up the W211. Dude I got cylinders misfiring, air sensors out, air/fuel mixture is affected and stuff...and I'm still driving it lol drove about 30k miles with all the issues on hand.
Since I love the W211 body so much, I'm thinking that sometime in the future, I want to own the E55/63 AMG. They are high maintenance, but I want one lol
Old 11-13-2018, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,380 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Sad story, but "s***t happens" even with MB.
Are you junking it with those wheels?
With all those Russians in Bay Area, they should sell quickly.
How are the tires?
Old 11-13-2018, 03:45 PM

W218 Stage 2, E85
Originally Posted by kajtek1
Sad story, but "s***t happens" even with MB.
Are you junking it with those wheels?
With all those Russians in Bay Area, they should sell quickly.
How are the tires?

Oh no, I'm taking front bumper and the wheels off at least or any other parts someone here requests I guess if not, everything goes to the junkyard.

tires are in about good condition. Fronts are bit better than the rear. If you're looking in for the wheels, let me know.

Rear tires last me about 10-14k miles due to 2-3 degree camber. Fronts last longer. I usually get the tires flipped after about 6-7k miles. Ifff they don't sell, I might plan on to put them on the CLS550. I haven't tested on CLS yet. Not sure if this offset will do right by the CLS' wider body.

Email me at Balroop12@gmail.com

If you like, I can send close up pictures on whichever part you're interested in.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'99 CLK/05 E500 WAG
Originally Posted by Roop94
Well, the black CLS550 is the replacement that I already bought. Bought it early and took my time so I wouldn't have to buy one in rush. It only has 60k miles. I just am not ready to give up the W211. Dude I got cylinders misfiring, air sensors out, air/fuel mixture is affected and stuff...and I'm still driving it lol drove about 30k miles with all the issues on hand.
Since I love the W211 body so much, I'm thinking that sometime in the future, I want to own the E55/63 AMG. They are high maintenance, but I want one lol
Lol Yeap Just like I really want that E55 wagon! That CLS is nice!
Old 11-14-2018, 03:09 AM

W218 Stage 2, E85
Lol Yeap Just like I really want that E55 wagon! That CLS is nice!
Haha those are rare to find. I want to get the E55 later and mod it myself and all that for fun stuff haha. They are high maintenance, but I would love to do everything myself and learn and tune the supercharger. Maybe in the next 5 to 10 years...I'd want one!

Yea the CLS is nice. I was looking for E550, but it lacked air suspension. S550 was another 6k extra. So CLS fit me best. Plus it's more sporty looking and rarer than E550/S550. Those dynamic seats are very handy. Side bolsters hug you when you make a turn. Only one drawback...the visibility is a tad bit less. Understandable that it's a coupe shape so...yea.

I've done chrome delete on most parts except the front. It looks way better with chrome delete. Used vinyl wrap than plasti dip, it blends in with paint so nicely!!
Old 11-14-2018, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'99 CLK/05 E500 WAG
So we'll see some pics? Soon! Lol
Of course in the prospective forum.
2MERKS
Old 11-15-2018, 06:24 PM

W218 Stage 2, E85
So we'll see some pics? Soon! Lol
Of course in the prospective forum.
2MERKS
Haha yes, I will make another thread some time soon. I'm waiting for supplies because I'm going to use ceramic coating on the CLS. Products should be here in next 2 days and I'll start the process next week. Going to have to garage it for the entire week. Gonna have to decontaminate it, clay bar it, compound or polish it with buffer to take out minor scratches and swirl marks and then wipe it off and use Ceramic Coating.

But first, I need to strip down the W211 before I send it out to its retirement.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'99 CLK/05 E500 WAG
Originally Posted by Roop94
Haha yes, I will make another thread some time soon. I'm waiting for supplies because I'm going to use ceramic coating on the CLS. Products should be here in next 2 days and I'll start the process next week. Going to have to garage it for the entire week. Gonna have to decontaminate it, clay bar it, compound or polish it with buffer to take out minor scratches and swirl marks and then wipe it off and use Ceramic Coating.

But first, I need to strip down the W211 before I send it out to its retirement.
I've heard the ceramic coating is nice...that works for me, can't wait to see! Lol
2MERKS
Old 11-16-2018, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 e320 cdi
man i wish you'd be closer, i would really like that bumper