C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Remote Start Dealer Installed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 12:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C400
Remote Start Dealer Installed?

For the past 3 years I have been searching for an aftermarket remote start for for 15 - C400. I've researched them all including Mid City who said today they are going into R&D on a solution for this model but wont know either way until the end of spring. I called my dealer and they said they have a solution using an MB part that would cost $2,200 installed. Living in New England i am really considering it but wanted to check here first. Does anyone know what this part they are referring to? Is it plug and play or do i need my car programmed? Any info would help....thanks!
Old 01-16-2019, 09:36 AM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
2016 C300 4matic
Mid City Engineering has been saying since 2015 that the remote start was coming soon, but it never has. Everything else I had seen said it just wasn't possible. This was one of the big reasons why I complained to corporate MB because when I was sold my 2015 I had it in writing that I would get remote start, and when that didn't happen I made them buy the car back and purchased a 2016....which I ironically also regret ha ha.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C400
I was pissed myself when i downloaded the stupid mbrace app and only saw remote door locks. i am going to go to the dealer today to see what their $2200 solution is and if i can just buy the part and do it myself.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550 (W222)
Any news

Anyone heard anything? Don’t care if I need to pay a grand... we want the remote start
Old 03-12-2020, 12:42 PM

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts
C400
Originally Posted by kingbkahl
Anyone heard anything? Don’t care if I need to pay a grand... we want the remote start
Yes! One of my good friends is an installer at Best Buy. They can install a Compustar system in the C400 but he said it is a total ***** to do. The C400 didn't have the remote start hardware -BUT- the compustar brains can access and override it, and they can wire in a module to make it start. He said the biggest issue is the labor. But, Best Buy offers a $200/year unlimited labor thing, so he said you buy the Compustar kit from Best Buy for $279 or whatever, then sign up for the $200 unlimited labor deal, and the total cost comes to about $479. He said it easily takes a whole day to do, is a total nightmare on their end, but entirely possible and Compustar supports it.

For those that hate on Best Buy, don't. Their installers are well trained, and Best Buy has enough money and proper insurance that if they mess your car up, they'll pay for it without issue.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:55 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts
2013 SL550, 2016 GLE350, 2016 GLC300
We are highly suspect of a claim like the one just mentioned above, as there is way more that goes into the design of a working and fully-integrated starter in a Mercedes vehicle.
Hence, this is why it has taken as long as it has for us to provide a solution for the 2015 (and newer) C class, amongst other models as well, such as GLC, S class, etc...

However, it will probably be good news to all of you that have been waiting forever for our solution, as we are shooting to start shipping this solution in the next 2 weeks. It's been a long time coming, but we're literally just around the corner from releasing this.
If you'd like to purchase this starter for your vehicle, send us a PM with your contact information, and we can get you sorted with one as soon as we're ready to.
Old 03-12-2020, 03:08 PM

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts
C400
Originally Posted by midcityeng
We are highly suspect of a claim like the one just mentioned above, as there is way more that goes into the design of a working and fully-integrated starter in a Mercedes vehicle.
Hence, this is why it has taken as long as it has for us to provide a solution for the 2015 (and newer) C class, amongst other models as well, such as GLC, S class, etc...

However, it will probably be good news to all of you that have been waiting forever for our solution, as we are shooting to start shipping this solution in the next 2 weeks. It's been a long time coming, but we're literally just around the corner from releasing this.
If you'd like to purchase this starter for your vehicle, send us a PM with your contact information, and we can get you sorted with one as soon as we're ready to.
Well its not exactly a mass market solution that someone could buy and do on the internet. He said he contacted Compustar and they can indeed program it to unlock and stuff like that, but the physical wiring part was very old school way of doing it and takes 5 hours or longer because the OEM equipment isn't there. If there is some sort of solution that's just a module and some harnesses like other cars, I'm sure he'd gladly never do another one. He also did the wiring on my Lexus that was also a headache, and an Infiniti after that. So its possible, but at the moment requires a skilled installer who wants to do it. Hopefully (and it sounds like you're onto something) your guys solution is a little more...doable for the average guy. And it only starts the car, that's it. I'm not sure if it can do a keyless take-over or not, but I suspect no.

Last edited by GringoBling; 03-12-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:14 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C205 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by midcityeng

Please message me when it is available to buy. I'm in Australia, how ever I am a qualified auto-electrican with 20+ years experiance, getting it installed shouldn't be out of the question.