C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

KW v3's comparision question and thermostat question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 02:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Coupe P31 Magnuson Super Charged
KW v3's comparision question and thermostat question

Ive got a '12 C63 AMG PP coupe in Australia, Magnuson supercharged at low boost 5-6 psi and mild tune ​​​​​​(which still keeps throwing belts or snapping in half! Im going to have to make them fix it all properly its 7 times in 20k km I'm sick of side road repairing it with 3rd degree burns from the block all up my arms or not wanting to but some sort of legal action as its mod compliance plated made for an oem car and product is not performing as intended just destroying other parts...with no cost to me its pissing me off that much just again snapped my thermostat housing plastic fitment!!! And its a 600 buck part so disrtributors here or install shop has to sort their **** out im too scared to get up it, belts slips which loses boost and like ffs its not a hard job to bolt it in with full pdf colour instruction manual! Good ppl and good name shop did it but something is a miss....Ok rage over and Magnuoson is fupeñhdd

ddDdDDdDdDddDddddDDDDDdDDDDdd i literally fell asleep sorry dropped phone.

*** I wanted to know how good a difference the kw v3 Make to the carcause i got a brand new set i was going to sell but might install.

Also the t stat plastic piece that broke i just blocked both ends off itr seems like just a bleeder or bypass so shouldent effect much is this fine to do? I cant see it will damage it.

Cheeers guys i didnt edit my dropped sleep cause i though it was funny lol

Thanks

Last edited by ceesixthree; 01-23-2019 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:44 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
when my factory plastic pulley shifted a few mm it caused my drive belt to jump breaking my thermostat bleed tube. i feel your pain somewhat. have you reached out to Magneuson? there are a handful of guys here running the same supercharger.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 01-23-2019, 02:59 PM

Thanks mate sorry i fell asleep dropped phone and somehow posted jibberish.

Their solution is me paying 3k for the sledgehammer over drive 8 rib kit. Ill do that if they pay. But i cant afford to keep rrepairing faults of someones bad design or install.

I did email another guy who did r n d on it and everyone says check alignment which is ok butif a few mm does it maybe not. He suggested the 3k kit too but only knows of one UScar and2 AU .cars that have done it.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:04 PM

Its an awesome kit though just a niggling issue.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Weekend/Project - W204 C63.
I have an ESS kit runing 8psi and this actually happened to me too. It looks like one of the OEM pulleys denigrated which snapped the belt and broke my thermostat too. I had to get a flatbed to rescue the car from the highway. I have now upgraded the pulleys to the UPD billet aluminum pulleys, changed the OEM tensioner w/ upgraded UPD pulley. I've also got an upgraded Gates belt. It is a green belt now which is made for heavy duty freight liners. I've yet to drive the car since it is winter here but I assume this is the most bulletproofing I can do with the supercharger.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:56 PM

I did have alloy pulley set but the guys here reckon they get too hot so i sold them.

I might try that out then thanks

Anyone have kw's that made a good difference?
Old 01-24-2019, 12:58 PM

Seems to be no harm in me pluging thermostat plastric broken bit, is it just a bypass or air bleed?
Old 01-24-2019, 01:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Weekend/Project - W204 C63.
The OEM pulleys are plastic and wear out over time with heat. I'd rather have a metal one than plastic, especially since our engines get so hot!

I just put KW V3's on my car. However It is winter here so I haven't driven it yet so I can't give you any feedback on that yet.