Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 07:07 PM
GJD

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
S213 220cdi
S213 rear air suspension fault/error most upright position

Hi all,

I searched threads but couldn't find one similar.

This is a question and a FYI as I will give more info once I have done the repair with a dealership.
I have an issue with my rear air suspension, it is blocked in the most upwards position, also giving an error saying that I need to check my manual.meeting with a dealership in t
Anyone else got the same error?

Called Mercedes assistance and they convinced me to ride along through the next 800km/650 miles that I needed to do.
There reaction was: "as long as the error message is not "red" you should be fine. Please always check the ride hight of your car as well."

I now have after about 10 calls a meeting in a dealership in the neighborhood (of the holiday where I will be at that moment) on Tuesday, a bit dissapointing when I reported the issue last Saturday...
I have already done a quick checkup on Monday with a dealer, he told me that it would be a compressor issue.
Not sure if this would be the case, I personnally think that there is a valve disfunctioning to get the air released and get lower again...

The car was loaded, but certainly not to the point that it would be overloaded. Also driving it when empty does not fix the issue.

I will give a heads up once I passed to the dealership to have it fixed.

BTW it is a March 2017 car with warranty running till March 2022.

Regards,

GJD
Old 07-05-2019, 07:47 AM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
W213
I have read about this situation on a German forum and it probably is (a valve of) the compressor. Because of the failure the rear suspension automatically goes in the highest position and becomes much stiffer. In most cases it is dealt with under warranty or leniency. I'm not sure it is good advice to ride along......
Old 07-05-2019, 10:30 AM
GJD

S213 220cdi
Originally Posted by Haag
I have read about this situation on a German forum and it probably is (a valve of) the compressor. Because of the failure the rear suspension automatically goes in the highest position and becomes much stiffer. In most cases it is dealt with under warranty or leniency. I'm not sure it is good advice to ride along......
Thanks for the info!!! Will give more info when I have visited the dealership.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Happened in my s213, compressor was replaced under warranty.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:06 PM
GJD

S213 220cdi
Originally Posted by mark little
Happened in my s213, compressor was replaced under warranty.
Any idea how long it took in the workshop?
Old 07-11-2019, 06:36 PM
GJD

S213 220cdi
Hi All,

luckaly it was fixed suite fast. The car went in on thuesday and was fixed on Wednesday (they had the piece on stock).
It was repaired under warranty.

Got this as replacement car but was impressed how they correctly handled the issue...

Last edited by GJD; 07-14-2019 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:54 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
E300 de T 2021
Got similiar messages referring to instructon book. Like 10 different meaning from you driving to fast to stop the car.

Error message from release valve so the pressure was increasing all the time. Brought down the compressor as well so both had to be replaced.

I have to tell the whole story because it is a good story how the dealer should handle it. 2nd day with error message on a Friday when heading home around 6 pm from mother in law. Good time to test the inbuilt assistance system, pressing the button and after a while in the support desk speaking to someone that had no clue BUT said that someone would call. Someone called after 10 min an it was the engineer on rota who discussed the issue and told me not to drive to much because it could be harmful for the actual rubber things in the back. Expensive. I told him that we could pass by the dealer on way home when my wife says noway and she wants to get home and have a glass of wine.

The engineer said he would pass our house on the way home after an emergency call out. 10 pm on Friday night the engineer is searcing for errors in my car on my own driveway, ordering parts and looking for avilable slots in the workshop. No slots available.

Monday morning, on business trip in another country, he calls me and let me know that if it is ok for me to leave the car at workshop because they could probably fix it in event of free time but it could take a week. He promised to check if we could get a loaner. Called my wife who took the car to the dealer and in worst case a cab from there.

She was welcomed by the engineer that helped us and he gave her keys to a brand new Merc with all extras that we could keep during the car was fixed.

Car fixed and the called late on Thursday so I returned the loaner and time to pick up the tab. Car not under warranty anymore due to age. Started the argumentation that it was very early for failing suspension but the clerk only smiled and said not to worry, it had already been taken care of including the loaner as good will. I paid nothing but realised that my own car didn’t smell new on the way home.

if you have the service, use it. It is fantastic