C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Logos Front Air Intake (review with JB4 IAT screen shots)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2021, 01:48 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
C43 Coupe
Logos Front Air Intake (review with JB4 IAT screen shots)

Just a quick review with the beta version of the intakes. First of all I must say that its a well made and well thought out kit, everything is very very well made.
Even the extenders are better than what Ive seen for our platform. im coming from the BMS intakes, then switched over to MST V1 before this.

1 word...CRAP!!!! these things are not only loud, but boost kicks in super early. in comfort the difference was immediately felt with the car surging forward . pushes you back into the seat and even freaked out the wife lol !
she describes it like the pushback you get like a airplane lifting off. the available power is on tap super early and holds well above 3k rpms and beyond. This in my opinion, is the quintessential intake for this platform. The fact that these sit close to the grill opening means they are away from the turbo chargers. My IAT's stayed a teeny bit below the OEM stock intake when I had the BMC panel filters with the stock intake, and IATs are lower than with the BMS or MST when I had both respectively.

I dont care much about the heat shields now because they will be available later, weather was about 69 degrees (a warmer jersey day). and the screen captures are after I beat the hell out of the engine in sport + after an hour and a half.

My IAT's stuck in traffic and or moving slowly did remain in the 80-85 mark which is similar to the stock intakes so that was a nice plus. obviously after I started to move they went back down quickly.
the wife forgot to do a screen capture when we were in traffic but managed to grab some from my phone while moving.

all in all very impressed, the mouth of the elbow is over 3" big and the travel is super short- this overall looks like it all leads up to all the variables mentioned above.

The following 3 users liked this post by EbonyCoupe43:
BoolitSpunjBoon (11-13-2021), jonathan358 (11-17-2021), MaverickC43 (11-12-2021)
Old 11-12-2021, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Amg C43
We’re u running the Jb4 also?
how was the install of the intake?
Old 11-12-2021, 04:29 PM

C43 Coupe
yup with jb4 map 3

install was simple as a pimple, EZ-PZ. They provide specific instructions.
Old 11-13-2021, 07:43 AM

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
2015 C400
Thanks for the write up. Any videos so we can here the sound?
Old 11-14-2021, 12:16 AM

C43 Coupe
Im not a video kind of person to record or have a youtube channel or anything like that. I would say if the BMS/ MST was a 6 in terms of loudness this is a 8.

the good thing is that the sound is more projected outward-forward, so you'll hear it but everyone else will too. love to go to the mall garage/carpark and snapping necks as people do a double take..lol.

This is more of a- you gotta hear it to believe it. outside of the sound, the throttle response alone is 300% worth it, it wants to surge forward. If there was any perceivable lag, its gone.
reminds me now more of the response of my old N/A G35 VQ engine.
The following users liked this post:
Wolfman (11-16-2021)
Old 11-14-2021, 06:29 AM

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
2015 C400
Thanks, any concerns on water injestion, based on where the filters are positioned?
Old 11-14-2021, 12:05 PM

C43 Coupe
Funny you ask, we had a torrential downpour yesterday and I got caught in it. I was curious to that as well.

I was sport plus gunning it, and when I pulled into my garage where it was dry I popped open the hood and but my hand on the filters and took the phone light out to look for any moisture.

Nothing, I looked high and low and felt around. also the opening from where the fresh air is drawn from is a little bit offset vertically (up) from the front grill opening so it seems to be protected from elements.

The following users liked this post:
Darrington (11-14-2021)
Old 11-14-2021, 05:01 PM

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts
2004 E55 K Wagon &. '96 SL500
Please do a more in depth review and record performance data with and without the intakes.
assume you had Dragy times with the previous intakes fitted?
Also the comment re power ' holding well above 3K rpm.'
Well I'd hope so given that both a standard and tuned cars tend to make peak power around 5200-5500 rpm.
Old 11-15-2021, 02:09 PM

Received 310 Likes on 236 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by AhEmGee
Please do a more in depth review and record performance data with and without the intakes.
assume you had Dragy times with the previous intakes fitted?
Also the comment re power ' holding well above 3K rpm.'
Well I'd hope so given that both a standard and tuned cars tend to make peak power around 5200-5500 rpm.
Concur as to the request for Dragy times.
Old 11-15-2021, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Amg C43
Not a place to fight & im not going to. But are either of u guys looking into buying this intake?
he’s not trying to sell it to us just giving his opinion.
if u need dragy numbers to buy one then that’s on the mfg.
we all love dragy numbers!!
but I like peoples opinions too. Doesn’t mean I’ll buy it, but it doesn’t sound like he’s trying to sell it.
Old 11-15-2021, 03:35 PM

C43
Originally Posted by MaverickC43
Not a place to fight & im not going to. But are either of u guys looking into buying this intake?
but I like peoples opinions too. Doesn’t mean I’ll buy it, but it doesn’t sound like he’s trying to sell it.
I would consider buying it if the intake yields a measurable increase in performance over the brand of my current intake. That said, I do not know the inverse sentiment would somehow make my inquiry inappropriate.
Old 11-15-2021, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Amg C43
I didn’t mean for it to sound that way.
U we’re not inappropriate at all.
we all want as much info & data as we can get.
and I don’t know the op, so I don’t need to “defend” him. Lol
we all love these cars!!!
Old 11-15-2021, 07:26 PM

C43
I didn’t mean for it to sound that way.
U we’re not inappropriate at all.
we all want as much info & data as we can get.
and I don’t know the op, so I don’t need to “defend” him. Lol
we all love these cars!!!
Understood and agreed.
Old 11-16-2021, 04:27 PM

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts
2004 E55 K Wagon &. '96 SL500
Yes, and I've been offered a beta version to buy and test which I probably will, but I've busy with work and family.
Objective data makes for a black and white comparison as to the gains that are available.
Old 11-16-2021, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Amg C43
I hear ya
I’m new here but prob gonna do the same
im still stock.
Old 11-18-2021, 01:55 PM

C43 Coupe
Hey guys, sorry for not responding quicker. I do not have draggy and never will as thats something that i dont need for performance. I wanted at least get some info about temps with the intake and a real world review. draggy times are not the be all end all, some people weigh more than others and or may have stuff in the trunk that may make times slower.

also some cars run 91 vs 93 or may have grippier tires than others, etc. So for me a draggy time may not be the be all end all.

I wanted to provide a "on the highway" real world experience, as I have been eyeing this for a bit and decided to take the plunge. when I meant that past 3k rpm the power holds I mean that after that the effect is still "on" and doesnt taper like before with the other intakes and has a nice feel to it. :-)
Old 03-15-2023, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 19 STAGE2
any one selling his logos front air intake by any chance
Old 06-26-2024, 12:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2019 Mercedes C43
Originally Posted by EbonyCoupe43
Just a quick review with the beta version of the intakes. First of all I must say that its a well made and well thought out kit, everything is very very well made.
Even the extenders are better than what Ive seen for our platform. im coming from the BMS intakes, then switched over to MST V1 before this.

1 word...CRAP!!!! these things are not only loud, but boost kicks in super early. in comfort the difference was immediately felt with the car surging forward . pushes you back into the seat and even freaked out the wife lol !
she describes it like the pushback you get like a airplane lifting off. the available power is on tap super early and holds well above 3k rpms and beyond. This in my opinion, is the quintessential intake for this platform. The fact that these sit close to the grill opening means they are away from the turbo chargers. My IAT's stayed a teeny bit below the OEM stock intake when I had the BMC panel filters with the stock intake, and IATs are lower than with the BMS or MST when I had both respectively.

I dont care much about the heat shields now because they will be available later, weather was about 69 degrees (a warmer jersey day). and the screen captures are after I beat the hell out of the engine in sport + after an hour and a half.

My IAT's stuck in traffic and or moving slowly did remain in the 80-85 mark which is similar to the stock intakes so that was a nice plus. obviously after I started to move they went back down quickly.
the wife forgot to do a screen capture when we were in traffic but managed to grab some from my phone while moving.

all in all very impressed, the mouth of the elbow is over 3" big and the travel is super short- this overall looks like it all leads up to all the variables mentioned above.

Hi, I'm new here and just got a 2019 C43. My research tells me the Logos intake is the best for the lone fact that it's a front mount. But a general Google search says that any performance cold air intake on any car will require a tune since it changes the air/fuel ratio. Did you tune yours? If not, how has it been running? No issues?