Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dashcam recommendations please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2023, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C3”0
Dashcam recommendations please

We have a Mercedes 300 and are in the research stages for a dashcam. We are considering Ring Car Cam (but in back order now), VanTrue or Next base. Absolute must: 24/7 monitoring, GPS and ideally car crash emergency calling (we have an SOS button but does anyone know if it works if the driver is unconscious)? Thank you!
Old 08-05-2023, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,622 Likes on 1,209 Posts
2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
I have a VanTrue (forward only because of the convertible feature of the SL) and really like it. I have it hardwired so that it records with the car off and parked and bumped. It is small and compact and non-intrusive. My primary reason for getting it is to record the audio with any interaction with the police. It's not that I don't trust cops, but I've met good ones and have known bad ones. So, I guess I don't trust who might randomly stop me. It's also good to have in the unfortunate case someone hits me.