Sponsored By:

GPS Location Incorrect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
18 GLE43 AMG, 05 SLK350
GPS Location Incorrect

Hello there! Long time lurker here and on SLKworld, finally made an account cause I'm a lost cause

Noticed recently my GPS location is wrong on the Navi.I was in another city and Compass picked up 10 antennas(and accurately showing my location on the Navi), however I'm at home today and Compass didn't pick up any GPS.

Is this an antenna issue perhaps? I knwo the Navi isn't the best, but its useful to see side streets & what not. Not sure if its worth while to troubleshoot at my local indy, but wanted to see if anyone else ran into this before/what their fix was.

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2024, 08:10 AM

Received 64 Likes on 53 Posts
2016 GLE 300d 4-Matic
The GPS operates from satellite signals. Your car antenna needs to "see" 4 or more different satellites before it can generate a position. If you are indoors or beside large buildings your receiver may not have access to enough satellites to give you an accurate fix.
The following users liked this post:
kaidai (05-01-2024)
Old 05-01-2024, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
18 GLE43 AMG, 05 SLK350
Originally Posted by John Ha
The GPS operates from satellite signals. Your car antenna needs to "see" 4 or more different satellites before it can generate a position. If you are indoors or beside large buildings your receiver may not have access to enough satellites to give you an accurate fix.
Thanks for the confirmation. Even outdoors/freeway, still not picking up a signal, but I do recall seeing it under the Compass screen prior to this(signals would be picked up and the number of signals would change). Not sure what the cause is, but we shall find out!

Ended up booking an appointment with my local MB dealer, thankfully I bought MaxCare on the car which is still valid till 2/206, so time to put it to good use. My local indy suggest to take advantage of it, as the time its going to take/parts will easily exceed my deductible.