GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Does Mercedes Me work across borders (ie, US car in Canada, Canadian car in US)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 12:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 CLK320
Question Does Mercedes Me work across borders (ie, US car in Canada, Canadian car in US)?

I split my time between the US & Canada and this is a pretty big factor for me. The Mercedes Me customer service said it's locked for the country the vehicle was manufactured for and it's impossible to change it.

Is this true? Has anyone in the US gone on vacation in Canada and saw that Mercedes Me doesn't work? Canadians - have you gone to the US and noticed that Mercedes Me doesn't work? Looking at 2019+ models so this would apply to models with the LTE module.
Old 04-29-2024, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,704 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2019 C63CS
My understanding is that it roams in North America. Basically it should roam for all regions that you have maps for. For us here in the US, the maps cover the USA, Canada and Mexico. So while I've never tried it, I'd expect it roams if I ever cross into Canada or Mexico for live traffic and such. The customer service rep probably wasn't specific. It's locked to the geographic region that the car was sold in, so NA for Canadian and US vehicles. I know for sure that the service doesn't roam to Europe for example, because I did European Delivery and didn't have the Mercedes me services while in Europe, but I know that EU spec vehicles roam between all the European countries.