C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I buy this c63s?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2024, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w220 S500 lwb designo, W220 S500 (facelift), F10 BMW 550i XDrive MK6 VW CC 2.0t FWD
Should I buy this c63s?

Hello everyone,

It's been years since I've accessed this forum. I want opinions on this 2018 c63s sedan. It has the forged wheels, the performance seats etc. ~64k miles. the carfax is also available.
I prefer the coupe, but these cars are scarce where I live surprisingly. this spec is exactly what im looking for either way.

Let me know. The Audi im in feels so sterile and I can't take it anymore, especially because I have a long commute every day ~45 there and back. Inventory
Old 05-05-2024, 04:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
W205 C63S
Originally Posted by Haider Reza
Hello everyone,

It's been years since I've accessed this forum. I want opinions on this 2018 c63s sedan. It has the forged wheels, the performance seats etc. ~64k miles. the carfax is also available.
I prefer the coupe, but these cars are scarce where I live surprisingly. this spec is exactly what im looking for either way.

Let me know. The Audi im in feels so sterile and I can't take it anymore, especially because I have a long commute every day ~45 there and back. Inventory
buy it brotha, you’ll never regret it. Coming from a sedan person as well
Old 05-05-2024, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,717 Likes on 2,482 Posts
2019 C63CS
If you prefer the coupe, I'd get a coupe. I've always been a coupe person and the sedan didn't do it for me. You'd think they are essentially the same cars, but they drive differently. The coupe with its lower profile, wider track, fatter tires and better suspension tuning drives more like a sports GT. The first C63 I drove was a 2018 sedan and coming from my 2013 RS5 with its screaming 8500 rpm V8 and snappy dual clutch transmission, the sedan disappointed on multiple levels. For starters it just felt more utilitarian than sporty and had an unnecessarily stiff suspension. Personally I hate the B-pillar blocking my side view in sedans, so I always feel I have more situational awareness in a coupe, which makes me more confident.

I subsequently drove a 2018 coupe and felt instantly more connected and more confident, but the big disappointment was still the 7-speed MCT. I drive at least 90% in manual mode, and the gears of the 7-speed are too long and the manual mode is too laggy. Even the slightest delay between clicking the paddle and the transmission actually shifting drives me nuts. Ultimately bought a 2019 coupe which delivered on all fronts. The 9-speed has shorter gears, is instant and snappy in manual mode and no longer starts in 2nd gear when in Comfort mode. It makes the car more lively. The suspension is further improved and the dynamic handling capabilities with the new AMG DYNAMICS and the 9-stage traction control make it much more of a hoon w/o having to first turn all the nannies off to have fun. I love the adjustability the FL has over the PFL.

On the specs front I think you've got it, though. The performance seats and forged wheels are a must, IMO. The sedan is undertired, though in stock form. It doesn't get the 19/20 staggered wheels with fat rear tires, which is part of what makes the coupe more confident out of the box.

Last edited by superswiss; 05-05-2024 at 10:00 PM.
Old 05-06-2024, 02:13 AM

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
2021 AMG C63S, 2022 AMG GLC 43
I'm not a sedan guy. Sports cars are meant to have 2 doors. Unless it's an E63S Wagon.
I see a few coupes on CarGurus with some good miles on them. Here is a unique color with less miles on it.
2019 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C AMG 63 S Coupe RWD

I like the stock seats. The performance seats remind me of my Porsche 718 GTS which were a pia to get in and out of the car, but that's my preference.

I love my C63S just wish I would drive it more. Wife has an AMG GLC 43 which is super fun to drive, and is what we usually drive when we head out.
Old 05-06-2024, 04:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 501 Likes on 339 Posts
700HP Facelift converted PFL C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by Haider Reza
Hello everyone,

No just pass on that one get a coupe.
Old 05-06-2024, 06:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 amg c63s
I have just bought a 17 c63s coupe and totally agree with you on the 7 speed MCT as it drives my nuts how laggy this transmission is especially when i've just come out of a 19 Alfa Romeo QV as that ZF gearbox is the party piece of that car. That ZF gearbox is tuned like a DCT and is so engaging when shifting up or down.
I've also noticed there's a lack of feel with the MCT transmission's compared to the QV and that includes the 18-23 face lift models with the 9 speed i test drove as well. There is no feeling in the chassis when shifting gears which is something i miss as well. The reason i went with the pre-face lift is the better sound it gives on the down shifts and the stiffer suspension. I really like the way it corners so flat but it definitely doesn't turn as well as the QV.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (05-06-2024)
Old 05-06-2024, 07:34 AM

Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts
'06 E55
Originally Posted by hyphen79
Sports cars are meant to have 2 doors. Unless it's an E63S Wagon.
Old 05-06-2024, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,717 Likes on 2,482 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by 366636
I have just bought a 17 c63s coupe and totally agree with you on the 7 speed MCT as it drives my nuts how laggy this transmission is especially when i've just come out of a 19 Alfa Romeo QV as that ZF gearbox is the party piece of that car. That ZF gearbox is tuned like a DCT and is so engaging when shifting up or down.
I've also noticed there's a lack of feel with the MCT transmission's compared to the QV and that includes the 18-23 face lift models with the 9 speed i test drove as well. There is no feeling in the chassis when shifting gears which is something i miss as well. The reason i went with the pre-face lift is the better sound it gives on the down shifts and the stiffer suspension. I really like the way it corners so flat but it definitely doesn't turn as well as the QV.
I haven't driven the Alfa, but I've driven BMWs. The latter does a pretty good job with the ZF8, but all torque converters feel numb to me. They artificially engineer in a sort of DCT feel with the help of the lockup clutch, but can't completely hide the fluid coupling. Curious what you mean by lack of feel. The MCT having a clutch instead of a torque converter gives it that manual transmission feel of a clutch engaging and a solid drivetrain, and in case of my '19 in Sport+ it kicks me in the back when doing a powershift. Not necessarily a fan of the latter, so I generally smooth it out by easing off the throttle, but it gives me full control. It doesn't do that in the other modes. In Race mode it yanks in the gears w/o this kick, in order to not upset the chassis. I want authentic feel from a physical clutch engaging, not engineered artificial feel. Having driven DCTs before after driving manual transmissions for 20 years, the 9-speed MCT delivers that actual clutch feel.

Last edited by superswiss; 05-06-2024 at 12:09 PM.