EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Charging at Tesla Supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2024, 12:38 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
EQS 580 SUV, Hummer EV SUT
Charging at Tesla Supercharger

I can add my wife's EQS to the Tesla app to charge at superchargers, not my hummer yet, and wonder if anyone has tried it a non-magic dock station using the Lectron adapter?
Old 05-16-2024, 01:39 PM

Received 86 Likes on 47 Posts
23 EQS 450 4matic sedan
Originally Posted by Rob15
I can add my wife's EQS to the Tesla app to charge at superchargers, not my hummer yet, and wonder if anyone has tried it a non-magic dock station using the Lectron adapter?
I recently visited a restaurant during my vacation that I knew beforehand had two Tesla Destination chargers. I used this adapter (
Amazon Amazon
) to charge my EQS, but the speed was only about 4.5 kW, half of what I can achieve on my home charger. Although it added a few miles, it wasn't a significant amount. I purchased it specifically for the trip and was curious to test it out. I'm not sure about the exact level 2 amps, but I can confirm the speed achieved. In my experience with the level 2s at restaurants and hotels, whether Tesla or non-Tesla, there was minimal gain unless you plan to be at that location for many hours or overnight. But the adapter worked as expected. I make every attempt to have contingencies in case of emergencies, and now I know that box can be checked.

Last edited by J_Boxer; 05-16-2024 at 01:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mika0 (07-03-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 01:47 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
EQS 580 SUV, Hummer EV SUT
I have and have used the Lectron level 2 charging adapter, 80w version. I am speaking of DCFC at a super charger. I have the nacs to CCS1 adpater and wanted to know if anyone has tried that out on an EQ vehicle.
Old 05-16-2024, 02:43 PM

Received 86 Likes on 47 Posts
23 EQS 450 4matic sedan
Here is some specific information to provide additional context to the OP's point.. This should enhance clarity and understanding for those who might not be familiar.

Supercharging Other EVs

Many Supercharging stalls will be accessible to other electric vehicle drivers in North America through the Tesla app and adapters provided by your vehicle manufacturer. As soon as Q4 2024, new vehicles outside of Tesla will also start coming equipped with NACS charge ports. Vehicles that are NACS-equipped do not require an adapter.

It’s always been our ambition to open the Supercharger network to all EVs, and by doing so, encourage more drivers to rapidly transition to an emission-free future.

Frequently Asked Questions

GeneralShow All
  • What vehicles can charge at what Tesla Superchargers?There are 3 types of Tesla Superchargers:
    1. Tesla-only Superchargers, which only work for Tesla vehicles.
    2. All EVs Superchargers, which are available for all EVs to charge with a “Magic Dock” adapter that is provided at the charging post.
    3. NACS Superchargers, which will become available gradually, by vehicle manufacturer, and can be accessed through an adapter. The adapter has to be provided by your vehicle manufacturer. For new vehicles that are NACS-equipped, no adapter will be necessary.
    The following vehicle manufacturers have access to NACS Superchargers:
    • Ford
    • Rivian
    To see which sites are compatible to charge your vehicle, add your vehicle details to the Tesla app or use our interactive map.

https://www.tesla.com/support/supercharging-other-evs

Last edited by J_Boxer; 05-16-2024 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-03-2024, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQS 580 SUV
I added my 2023 eqs to tesla app and it doesn't show any tesla superchargers..only destination chargers.
Old 07-04-2024, 08:37 AM

Received 262 Likes on 155 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Originally Posted by mika0
I added my 2023 eqs to tesla app and it doesn't show any tesla superchargers..only destination chargers.
Refocus the map in the Tesla app on the Northeast States and you will see quite a few Superchargers with Magic Dock.

Tesla Magic Dock Superchargers in Northeast
Old 07-08-2024, 05:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,104 Likes on 728 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
You cannot charge any Mercedes at a supercharger with an adapter. the only superchargers you can use are magicdock ones. iTs esay and works well. it requires the Tesla app. SUPPOSEDLY, some time this year MB, MB will be "teslafied" and then you will be able to use an adapter to charge at almost all superchargers. I can wait to clog those superchargers up like they do ours.
The following users liked this post:
lkfoster (07-08-2024)