General Discussion of Mercedes-Benz Classics Misc Discussion of the Classics, car spottings, museums etc.

Ignition housing lock part

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2024, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes 300CE
Question Ignition housing lock part

I am hoping someone can give me some help and advice. I have a 1988 Mercedes 300CE and I took my car to a tire shop to just get a tire repaired and wow it turned into a big mess! We got a call stating they could not even turn the car on the ignition switch would not turn. So we had to have the car towed to an auto shop and here is where the big mess turned into a nightmare. We were told the part # for the Ignition housing lock has been discontinued. We have search the internet, Amazon, Ebay, etc and have seen some parts but unsure if they are compatible. The item # 1244622030 has pretty much been discontinued. We cannot even steer the car because the steering wheel is locked due to the unable to turn the key in the ignition. The repair shop we are working with is awesome and they are searching for part too! But I figured I would come in here to try to get some feedback on if others ran into this issue and if they were able to use work around to fix their car. Our car now is undriveable because of this and we are desperate for help. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!