E-Class (W214) 2024 -

W 214 AT Wagon Delivery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2024, 07:43 PM

Received 305 Likes on 231 Posts
E450 wagon, C43 AMG Cpe, C43 AMG Cab
W 214 AT Wagon Delivery

Took delivery of a MY 2024 All Terrain wagon last week. Traded my W213 wagon for it. I just came across this particular wagon in my dealer's inventory and fell in love with it. It is finished in Graphite Grey Metallic with black Nappa leather. What struck me about the car is that it is equipped with almost every available option with the exception of the night package. In fact the options added $20,000 to the base price. I'm not a fan of black interiors so I had the dealer shop around to see if there were any cars similarly equipped with a different interior. What we discovered was that there were a number of similarly equipped vehicles but they were all the same color and had the same options. Almost like models that were previously referred to as launch edition cars. Not sure that they use the same nomenclature these days. Anyway, the car is a delight and much improved over the W213. I always had an issue with the W213 air suspension that had a mind of its own. Raising and lowering at will. Very annoying and not repairable after many attempts to rectify. The ride with the W214 seems much improved even with staggered 20 inch wheels. The interior is on the same level as some S Class models I have owned in the past. The technology takes some getting used to. I miss having some basic knobs for simple functions. Like radio volume control and HVAC controls. I'm sure it will become second nature over time. With all the options this vehicle has it is strangely missing the garage door opener (code 232) for which there was a $280 credit on the build sheet. It is also lacking a sunglass holder which has been present in all my Mercedes over the last several years. These are knit picks for sure but it does make you wonder. I was about to build and order a MY 25 as my lease was coming to an end. I'm glad I stumbled across this car and was able to take quick delivery. Even with the national dealership software problems. Oh yes, the fingerprints on the touch screen drive me crazy. The dealer even gave me a special cloth to occasionally clean the screen. Couldn't be more pleased with the car. I think the straight six engine is one of the best engines in the product line. Smooth as silk and plenty peppy for every day needs. Happy Motoring!
Old 07-18-2024, 08:28 PM

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts
2024 E350 W214, 2007 Dodge Durango Limited, 2005 Honda VTX 1300s, 2020 Honda Gold Wing DCT Tour
Originally Posted by pdeacon
Took delivery of a MY 2024 All Terrain wagon last week. Traded my W213 wagon for it. I just came across this particular wagon in my dealer's inventory and fell in love with it. It is finished in Graphite Grey Metallic with black Nappa leather. What struck me about the car is that it is equipped with almost every available option with the exception of the night package. In fact the options added $20,000 to the base price. I'm not a fan of black interiors so I had the dealer shop around to see if there were any cars similarly equipped with a different interior. What we discovered was that there were a number of similarly equipped vehicles but they were all the same color and had the same options. Almost like models that were previously referred to as launch edition cars. Not sure that they use the same nomenclature these days. Anyway, the car is a delight and much improved over the W213. I always had an issue with the W213 air suspension that had a mind of its own. Raising and lowering at will. Very annoying and not repairable after many attempts to rectify. The ride with the W214 seems much improved even with staggered 20 inch wheels. The interior is on the same level as some S Class models I have owned in the past. The technology takes some getting used to. I miss having some basic knobs for simple functions. Like radio volume control and HVAC controls. I'm sure it will become second nature over time. With all the options this vehicle has it is strangely missing the garage door opener (code 232) for which there was a $280 credit on the build sheet. It is also lacking a sunglass holder which has been present in all my Mercedes over the last several years. These are knit picks for sure but it does make you wonder. I was about to build and order a MY 25 as my lease was coming to an end. I'm glad I stumbled across this car and was able to take quick delivery. Even with the national dealership software problems. Oh yes, the fingerprints on the touch screen drive me crazy. The dealer even gave me a special cloth to occasionally clean the screen. Couldn't be more pleased with the car. I think the straight six engine is one of the best engines in the product line. Smooth as silk and plenty peppy for every day needs. Happy Motoring!
Congrats on the new car. Post some pictures in the unofficial official picture thread.
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...re-thread.html
Old 07-18-2024, 09:53 PM

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
2016 E350 wagon
Yes photos please.

Last edited by rey_winslow; 07-18-2024 at 10:31 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM

Received 261 Likes on 167 Posts
Congrats! There definitely seems to be a lauch spec that was built before ordering was available. I assume yours has the Dynamica headliner like the rest of them, which is neat because it does not appear in the order guide or website configurator. Was your W213 an AT as well?

Can you comment on the cargo area...does what appears to be a more sloping rear roof section impact cargo space compared to a W213? I think the new car looks great, but I need to get two big dogs in the back comfortably for long trips (if they ever offer rear AC for the US market...otherwise I'll keep the W213 or get something else).

Last edited by Alan Smithee; Yesterday at 12:56 PM.
Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM

Yes, I have the Dynamica headliner. My previous W213 was an AT. The cargo area appears to be the same. There were slight body changes that subtly improved the overall look of the car IMO. The interior is really special. My previous AT had leather but not the Nappa leather package. There is a marked difference in the look and feel with the Nappa. The other interesting thing is that the dashboard seems to sit lower perhaps because of the new dash configuration. It improves the outward visibility for me. In fact, the interior is as close as you can get to S Class standards and refinement. I'll try to post some pictures.
Old Today, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 661 Likes on 519 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Great Write up. I've been up and down as far as ordering a 2025 but I'm pretty convinced at this point it's time to order the car. Did you get the Multi contour seats and are they Comfortable and the Message feature works well. Plus with the that package you get the Air Balance feature which I like having in my S class. I'm putting together an order now and asking the dealer if they can commit to 6 percent off sticker there's a program through amex that gives a discount and then the balance discounted. Did you manage to get a discount off Sticker price with the order? Did you feel the dealer gave you a fair deal on trade in E450. I currently have a 2019 E450 with only 39K miles and dealer serviced mint condition car and I'm hoping to get 40 ish or so for the trade in.
Old Today, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
Great Write up. I've been up and down as far as ordering a 2025 but I'm pretty convinced at this point it's time to order the car. Did you get the Multi contour seats and are they Comfortable and the Message feature works well. Plus with the that package you get the Air Balance feature which I like having in my S class. I'm putting together an order now and asking the dealer if they can commit to 6 percent off sticker there's a program through amex that gives a discount and then the balance discounted. Did you manage to get a discount off Sticker price with the order? Did you feel the dealer gave you a fair deal on trade in E450. I currently have a 2019 E450 with only 39K miles and dealer serviced mint condition car and I'm hoping to get 40 ish or so for the trade in.
I do have the multi contour seats. They are very comfortable. The massage feature works well and is comparable to that feature I have had in my S Class sedans and an S Class coupe. I like to be able to adjust the side bolsters that allows additional support and makes it feel like a "sport" seat. I don't know about the ability to get a 6% discount. I did get something off because I was getting out of a lease that had negative equity. We managed to do a satisfactory deal that was beneficial to me and I'm sure made sense to the dealer. Full disclosure: I am not a "normal" customer. I buy a lot of cars from this dealer not only for myself but my family as well. I don't know if your trade is a sedan or wagon. I think your expectation of 40 ish is probably reasonable. In this part of the country low mileage wagons are pretty scarce and tend to command a premium. This is my third wagon and it fits my needs perfectly. As I mentioned in previous posts, it is as close to an S Class wagon as we are going to get in this country. A gentle suggestion. When configuring your order give a lot of attention to the configuration of the interior options. The MBUSA configurator is a little wanting in this area. I was fortunate to come across my car in dealer inventory. It has options I never would have considered if I was configuring from the website. I also learned that there are two 20" wheel options. One is the same size all around. The other is staggered. The staggered option really gives the car a more robust look. Almost an AMG like stance. Good luck with your build. Happy Motoring!!
Old Today, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks all good info. I was planning on the staggard 20 inch wheels. Looks better and I’m sure the car must handle better. The drawback is you can’t rotate the tires so probably less tire life but I’ll live with that. The other thing I wondered though with the 20 inch wheels is they are summer only tires. If I drove up north from Florida for Christmas and hit a snow storm it could be an issue. Gonna make sure to get all the detailed options on my car like the usb package and Led light package and heated steering wheel etc. my car now is a wagon in desirable colors I just figure it’s time for a change. I’ve had the car nearly 5 years. It’s been a great car.
Old Today, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 800 Likes on 632 Posts
I've contacted MB USA several times asking them to include tire size and type information along with other vehicle info.
So far, nada. That info must be a trade secret - you've got to buy the car to find out what tires are on it.
Old Today, 10:07 AM

Thanks all good info. I was planning on the staggard 20 inch wheels. Looks better and I’m sure the car must handle better. The drawback is you can’t rotate the tires so probably less tire life but I’ll live with that. The other thing I wondered though with the 20 inch wheels is they are summer only tires. If I drove up north from Florida for Christmas and hit a snow storm it could be an issue. Gonna make sure to get all the detailed options on my car like the usb package and Led light package and heated steering wheel etc. my car now is a wagon in desirable colors I just figure it’s time for a change. I’ve had the car nearly 5 years. It’s been a great car.

Car came with Pirelli P-Zeros. I've owned many cars with staggered wheels especially the AMG variants. Not being able to rotate is a small concession IMO. I know the anxiety of traveling north and south during the winter months. Don't do that anymore but never ran into a problem. Worst case is you hunker down for a day or two in a nice hotel. The way climate change is impacting us the snow situation may have less of an impact. I know it has mitigated snow concerns here on the Cape.
Old Today, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It’s like that here in Newport RI too. The snow plow guy didn’t come once this year. P zeros are a good tire. I see they put Bridgestones on too. I’d probably change over to Conti dws w06 tires once the factory tires where worn out if they make them in that size.

With trying to find out tire size from mb. Seems like nobody gets back to anyone these days. Even trying to buy this car I’m on the third dealer now the others were not getting back to me and finally got through to a live body yesterday to get the ball rolling on the order. It’s the dealer in Clearwater Florida who as far as I’m concerned has the best service dept in Florida of any mb dealership. That’s an important consideration especially if there’s technical issues with the car like the mbux screen or something.

Wow tires aren’t cheap in the staggered 20 inch size. The P zeros are especially expensive. I better get the wheel locks. Just did a search on tire rack and the p zeros are 500 each. The only reasonable tire is the Bridgestone turanza but probably not as good a tire.

Last edited by 2012 merc amg; Today at 11:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
PSims (Today)
Old Today, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 800 Likes on 632 Posts
According to Tire Rack, the wagon comes with Pirelli P Zero or Bridgestone Turanza T005. Both are high performance summer tires.

Lokey Motor Co. is an excellent dealership (mbofclearwater.com) for both sales and service. They were one of the first MB dealers in Florida. I've been dealing with them for 54 years.

Last edited by ua549; Today at 04:27 PM.
Old Today, 01:26 PM

It’s like that here in Newport RI too. The snow plow guy didn’t come once this year. P zeros are a good tire. I see they put Bridgestones on too. I’d probably change over to Conti dws w06 tires once the factory tires where worn out if they make them in that size.

With trying to find out tire size from mb. Seems like nobody gets back to anyone these days. Even trying to buy this car I’m on the third dealer now the others were not getting back to me and finally got through to a live body yesterday to get the ball rolling on the order. It’s the dealer in Clearwater Florida who as far as I’m concerned has the best service dept in Florida of any mb dealership. That’s an important consideration especially if there’s technical issues with the car like the mbux screen or something.

Wow tires aren’t cheap in the staggered 20 inch size. The P zeros are especially expensive. I better get the wheel locks. Just did a search on tire rack and the p zeros are 500 each. The only reasonable tire is the Bridgestone turanza but probably not as good a tire.
It's a small world. My dealer is in Tiverton, R.I. Been doing business there for more than 25 years. Always great service and they come and pick up the car and leave a loaner so there is no interruption in my schedule for service. Now that I think of it my W213 Wagon had all season tires from the factory. Customer service seems to be a problem with a lot of businesses these days. I sometimes wonder how some survive. I guess it's a cultural issue in our country these days.