E250CDI 2013 RadiatorFan on full

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 01:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 2013 E250CDI 4-Matic
Exclamation E250CDI 2013 RadiatorFan on full

Hey all!

I have a E250CDI (212.082) Blue Efficiency 4Matic 2013 that all of a sudden started running the radiator fan on Full. This happens everytime but only when the engine is running.

Fuse 22 in front SAM is OK.

Xentry NO codes

Xentry Pressure ACC is within Green parameters

Xentry it is possible to Control the fan speed manually 0 - 90%

As the fan i running high it is affecting the consumption as well

I have read all the "fan on full" threads and nothing is matching up to my problem, If anyone can point me in a direction where to look i would be forever grateful.
Old Today, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 887 Likes on 637 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by FLASHBACK
Hey all!

I have a E250CDI (212.082) Blue Efficiency 4Matic 2013 that all of a sudden started running the radiator fan on Full. This happens everytime but only when the engine is running.

Xentry NO codes

I have read all the "fan on full" threads and nothing is matching up to my problem, If anyone can point me in a direction where to look i would be forever grateful.
Did it start doing this with very hot ambient temperature?

I had this happen out of the blue with a very hot day. It was blowing just barely cooler air thru vents with the fan in the front just screaming.

Lack of cooling made me think it is low on refrigerant and added some. This made it worse for cooling as now there was no cooling at all with the fan still screaming.

With adding refrigerant making it worse I then let some refrigerant out and voila, it started working. System started blowing cool air like it is supposed to do and the fan in front slowed down.

Without driving the fan runs sometimes with very fast speed as the air flow is needed for the a/c system to work. The difference now is that the system blows cool air with fast fan speed.
Old Today, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 887 Likes on 637 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by FLASHBACK
Hey all!

Xentry NO codes

Did it start doing this with very hot ambient temperature?

I had this happen out of the blue with a very hot day. It was blowing just barely cooler air thru vents with the fan in the front just screaming.

Lack of cooling made me think it is low on refrigerant and added some. This made it worse for cooling as now there was no cooling at all with the fan still screaming.

With adding refrigerant making it worse I then let some refrigerant out and voila, it started working. System started blowing cool air like it is supposed to do and the fan in front slowed down.

Without driving the fan runs sometimes with very fast speed as the air flow is needed for the a/c system to work. The difference now is that the system blows cool air with fast fan speed.

I think the fan speed is controlled by the refrigerant pressure in the a/c system and over pressure makes the fan run max speed.

Food for thought….

Last edited by Arrie; Today at 01:57 PM.
Old Today, 02:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 2013 E250CDI 4-Matic
Nope temp was stable and AC has been cold all the time no problem with that at all. As i have googled the pressure seem to be ok as well (Always serviced at authorised MB dealers)

The problem persists both with AC on or OFF.