E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

2016 4matic Sport TPMS controller location

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2024, 10:03 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
2016 E350 Sedan SPort
2016 4matic Sport TPMS controller location

I have the 2016 E350 4matic Sport and cannot find the TPMScontrol module. I need to replace to get the system to recognise tires were rottated.
The TPMS alerts missing wheel (which is the old wheel I put in the trunk). When I overinflate the left front wheel that used to be on right front, it shows the high pressure as right front. Have reset the TPMS many times without success.
Any help??

Also, the fuse No. 70 listed in the trunk tool box lists fuse 70 as the TPMS fuse- but isnt there and the TPMS has worked until my recent tire rotation.
Old 07-20-2024, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,515 Likes on 2,343 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
arm yourself with patience....

Originally Posted by degeja
I have the 2016 E350 4matic Sport and cannot find the TPMScontrol module. I need to replace to get the system to recognise tires were rottated.
The TPMS alerts missing wheel (which is the old wheel I put in the trunk). When I overinflate the left front wheel that used to be on right front, it shows the high pressure as right front. Have reset the TPMS many times without success.
Any help??

Also, the fuse No. 70 listed in the trunk tool box lists fuse 70 as the TPMS fuse- but isnt there and the TPMS has worked until my recent tire rotation.
How did you reset your TPMS?
Old 07-20-2024, 05:05 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
2016 E350 Sedan SPort
Originally Posted by CaliBenzDriver
How did you reset your TPMS?
Thanks for location-- finally saw it after removing passenger rear tire. Is attached in top above the suspension. Very hard to access- could barely touch with my hand ; would like to remove and replace but looks daunting for access.

I Reset using the dash computer input. Have reset many times in last few weeks. TPMS reset doesnt do anything which is why I wanted to remove fuse 70 for a loss of power reset-- but the fuse isnt there even though the TPMS has been working without it. Put in a fuse---no change,
Old 07-20-2024, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,515 Likes on 2,343 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
Originally Posted by degeja
Thanks for location-- finally saw it after removing passenger rear tire. Is attached in top above the suspension.
Very hard to access- could barely touch with my hand ; would like to remove and replace but looks daunting for access.

I Reset using the dash computer input. Have reset many times in last few weeks. TPMS reset doesnt do anything which is why I wanted to remove fuse 70 for a loss of power reset-- but the fuse isnt there even though the TPMS has been working without it. Put in a fuse---no change,
Use a SCANNER to restart your TPMS module. We are NOT talking about "virginizing"/factory reset... just a usual scanner soft reset.

Reboot chassis can help temporarily fix this.

The TPMS module itself is built to be honestly reliable but the software is kludgy in the unstable environment provided by wheel speed from solderless ESP.