SL/R231: Fuel Gauge - Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R231 SL63
Fuel Gauge - Help

Hi

I have had a R231 SL63 from new and a few gremlins starting to come in, one mystery is a faulty fuel gauge, actually reading 5pm as clock face, next time i turn ignition of it may read 12 pm neither within the scope of fuel tank fill levels. Just started, no warning. Just wondering if anyone has came across this before or can the gauges be tested etc. Upon ignition all other gauges sweep except the fuel. Is it the gauge, rear SAM or fuel sender? Help Local indie Merc garage says 7-8 hours labour stripping fuel tank off to check sender.

Last edited by NeilMcc; Today at 08:25 AM.
Old Today, 08:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
SL500
Inaccurate fuel gauge readings on Corvettes are quite common and many owners see the issue go away after adding Chevron Techron to the fuel tank for a couple tanks of gas.
Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner, 12 oz, Pack of 1 : Amazon.ca: Automotive Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner, 12 oz, Pack of 1 : Amazon.ca: Automotive
The following users liked this post:
toolguy4u (Today)
Old Today, 09:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 sl550
The windings of the sender sensor coil in the tank gets a coating over time from the gasoline. and the gauge then gives faulty reading. .
I had this happen on my previous SLK. . A couple of tanks with Techron fixed it. .
There is another chat about this from last year. .

Last edited by toolguy4u; Today at 09:10 AM.