C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Coolant leak 2015 C180

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2024 | 02:20 PM

Coolant leak 2015 C180

Last week i got the yellow "low coolant level" sign in my display, i checked the reservoir and it was empty. I topped it up probably too much but was thinking the extra would just go out in the overflow. Been driving it for about a week and the message came back and had to add between 1 and 1.5 liters of coolant to make it to the correct level this time.
I was not surprised because i have seen som drops under the car on this side last week when it's been parked, but was thinking it was the overflow dumping the extra coolant. I took it for a drive, got it warm and cleaned up with water around the reservoir and now in evening after another drive i find coolant under the reservoir. And all the coolant hoses i could find did not have any pressure, it was barley any pressure when i opened the coolant tank also.

Anyone had a similar problem?
Where is the overflow on this car?

I guess there is a leak somewhere around the coolant tank

Old 09-10-2024 | 08:53 AM

Removed the reservoir and when i checked the clamps the bottom one felt weak and it was broken. Replaced it and now i have pressure in the system so hoping it was only the clamp causing it.
This clamp rusted more than the others because it is always laying wet covered in dirt/dust so i guess it is the first one to go. Updating this post so others can see.

Hose is 25mm.

Part number: A 205 830 14 03