CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Hesitation/stutter when coming off brake onto gas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2024, 01:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 cls 55
Hesitation/stutter when coming off brake onto gas

Hey there, long time listener first time caller, couldnt find much relating to my specific issue so I'm making a new post. I have a 2007 cls550 i bought not running for 1k. Ive since got it running and ive replaced radiator, hoses, trans fluid, battery, bled cooling system, tie rods, tension rods, ambient temp sensor and 1 coil pack giving a slight misfire. The car runs quite smoothe and is barely noticeable its running when warmed up..

THE ISSUE: when i get on the brake briefly and get right back on the gas hard the car seems to bog down/cut power/doesnt know what gear to be in. then after it does its stutter it takes off like it should. It seems to also happen if i take my foot off the gas and put it back on the gas quickly. If i gently press back on the gas then hammer down.. the problem doesnt show. Any suggestions? I was waiting til i did my temp sensor and coil pack to ask here as i thought maybe the slight misfire was the culprit. I have no stored codes no transmission codes as of right now. Wondering if a dirty fuel filter may be the culprit? Im at 120k kms and unsure of service history. Any input greatly appreciated! This cls is one of my favourite cars ive owned and i just want to be able to drive it the way it was meant to be!
Old 09-20-2024, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 474 Likes on 412 Posts
2005 CLS55 AMG W219 C219
My first best guess would be air/vacuum leak
Old Today, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 cls 55
Originally Posted by nd-photo.nl
My first best guess would be air/vacuum leak
ive done a smoke test and have come up with none, i did address a vac leak from secondary air pump but that wasnt it. However, i cleaned the cyl 3 injector as that had a very slight miss along with all spark plugs and it seems to be ALOT better. Next week ill do all coil packs with ngk to go with the plugs ive chosen, but i feel like that was that issue. Now i just have to sort my rear end vibration around 2500rpm.. lol

Last edited by Antman604; Today at 12:22 AM.