GLE63s, GLE63, GLE53 AMG SUV & Coupe (W166, W167) 2015 - Present (Two generations)

Jack stand location

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 08:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 AMG GLE53
Jack stand location

Good morning. I see where the OM states where to put the jack but does anyone have recommendations on where to place jack stands? I want to leave the car up for longer than I feel comfortable with it on a jack.

Thanks!

Scott
Old Today, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,041 Likes on 795 Posts
G550
I don't trust even jackstands. I use RhinoRamps anytime I'm underneath. Takes only seconds to drive onto them, and with the parking brake and wheel chocks set, the car is reliably and safely lifted.
Old Today, 08:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 AMG GLE53
Originally Posted by streborx
I don't trust even jackstands. I use RhinoRamps anytime I'm underneath. Takes only seconds to drive onto them, and with the parking brake and wheel chocks set, the car is reliably and safely lifted.
Agree. And I use those to change the oil. Want to do some break work and rotate the tires.
Old Today, 09:32 AM

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
2014 ML350 4Matic
Not sure about the V167, but M-B usually provides a pad to be used for the front lift location. The diff serves as the rear lift location. Once lifted the jack stands can be placed at the jack points along the rocker panels. The attached photos show the front lift location on our W166. See if you have something similar.

Last edited by vinceC; Today at 09:38 AM.