EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Active Emergency stop assist in operative

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2024, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eqs 450
Active Emergency stop assist in operative

I have en eqs 450+ and recently been noticing the below error. Also i see Active Emergency stop assist not available and see operator manual. I tried to do a car wash as see if the dirt or fog removed but the eror went away but still shows up while parking. dealer said it is might be auto brake assist. Any one faced same and how did they resolve.
Old 09-28-2024, 09:38 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
E320
It sounds like you’re dealing with an issue related to the sensors or software governing the Active Emergency Stop Assist system. Possible causes for this error could include blocked sensors, software glitches, or even issues with the brake assist system itself. If the system detects that it can’t reliably monitor its environment—due to dirt, misalignment, or a sensor malfunction—it might disable the feature for safety reasons. Environmental factors, such as heavy rain or fog, can also affect sensor performance. I recommend running a full system scan to check for fault codes in the control modules related to this function. These codes can pinpoint the exact issue and guide your next steps. You can either take it to a dealer or, if you want to troubleshoot yourself, using a full system scanner will be essential. The youcanic full system scanner is great for diagnosing all vehicle systems, but make sure to use a scanner that can read every module; some cheaper tools might miss important codes.
Old 09-28-2024, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eqs 450
Thanks for the reply. I would take it to a dealer for diagnosis. My dealer told it is covered under warranty and can the service would be free at Mb dealership ?
Old Today, 01:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC 300 X254
Hey, my x254 GLC 300 does the same thing. The dealership managed to fix it a couple of times, it went good for awhile but the problem came back on me again...

The first time it was a software update, didnt fix it.
2nd - more software, still didnt fix it...
3rd - change the main control unit. No fix.
4th - change steerling wheel, main control unit. Fix for a good 1 month+ but back again
5th - change steerling wheel, main control unit and a hand gesture control unit. Was good for a long time, 4 months?

Recently back again, every trip I do; I get the exact message. Usually after 3-4 consecutive 'unavailable' messages, it promotes to 'Active emergency inoperative'. Usually you won't get anymore errors after acknowledging the inoperative message.

Can you let me know what your dealership did to fix it?

My post: https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class...operative.html

Last edited by Tendiousx; Today at 01:53 AM.
Old Today, 07:23 AM

Received 467 Likes on 293 Posts
2022 EQS 450+
This doesn't make sense, but make sure your tire pressures are well within the recommended range. For some reason, low tire pressure can trigger a bunch of these type of error messages, I've also found that dirt or water on the front camera seems to also do it.
Old Today, 06:18 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Active Emergency Stop

Originally Posted by Tendiousx
Hey, my x254 GLC 300 does the same thing. The dealership managed to fix it a couple of times, it went good for awhile but the problem came back on me again...

The first time it was a software update, didnt fix it.
2nd - more software, still didnt fix it...
3rd - change the main control unit. No fix.
4th - change steerling wheel, main control unit. Fix for a good 1 month+ but back again
5th - change steerling wheel, main control unit and a hand gesture control unit. Was good for a long time, 4 months?

Recently back again, every trip I do; I get the exact message. Usually after 3-4 consecutive 'unavailable' messages, it promotes to 'Active emergency inoperative'. Usually you won't get anymore errors after acknowledging the inoperative message.

Can you let me know what your dealership did to fix it?

My post: https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class...operative.html
My EQS AMG had a similar issue after the service dept kept my car for about a week and changing out stuff the tech contacted a Mercedes engineer and was told to clean or replace a wheel speed sensor and my car has not had any issues for almost a year "knock on wood". The sensors controls everything from adaptive cruise, rear steering, and braking I think.