M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

please help with out cv boots

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1998 c180 classic , 2003 c180 kompressor avantguarde, 2014 c250 cdi Black Edition, 2008 VW Golf
please help with out cv boots

so sorry if this has been covered someware i am having no luck here in Australia at all with cv boots
can anyone please please help tell me what front outer boots to get for a 2012 W166 ML 250 blue tec diesel?
would i be right in saying that many models use the same boots like the ML 350 and GLE models?
are there any after-market one available i can order online .I am very happy and able to replace them however the dealer ship want $480. for the rubber boot and $200 dollars for the clamps and spring rings?
and thats for ! rubber bellow and the 2 ss clips to hold it and a packet of Mercedes grease ?
i fell off my seat when they told me is a four hour job as well at $300 per hour .i think they are pricing me out of the market.
i have watched videos on them being done on many models and they seem to take about an hour?

any help with after market part numbers would help as im sure they are not an exclusive part considering all other European cars have aftermarket ones available

my vehicle is IF THIS HELPS
2012 MB /ML250 BLUE TEC OM651 DEISEL
PROD 05/05/12
VIN WDC1660042A080800

Old Today, 08:51 AM

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
2013 ML550 US spec. Air+Offroad pkg
Boot

I got mine thru a dealer via Amazon for US$105.
Genuine Mercedes-Benz Boot Kit 166-330-02-85, but this isn’t right one for you (off road pkg and ML550), and the job was much easier than I thought it would be. Go to RockAuto.com, fcpeuro.com and autohausaz.com to research the correct part number for your vehicle, then do web search for that part number. I find I can get in the US at a big discount via Amazon (fulfilled by a dealer) or directly from an out of state dealer online-genuine MB parts. Even with shipping, much cheaper. Sometimes the above websites are your best bet too, but that’s where I start. For the clamps, those come included in the kit, and I used a sprinkler clamp tool I had to pinch them (got that at Home Depot)…same thing as the specialty automotive tool, but cheaper. Make sure to get a soft brass rod to pound off the CV joint…got one on Amazon for like US$8.