E-Class (W214) 2024 -

My new e 450

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday | 10:41 AM

2022 s 500 swb
My new e 450

The following 4 users liked this post by martinlarose:
Hicksra (Yesterday), JTK44 (Today), pdeacon (Today), PSims (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 10:43 AM

2022 s 500 swb
Apologies to Wolf. I tried to put these in the pic thread but couldn’t figure it out. My lease was about up on my 2022 S class. Went back to the E. very pleased with the car
Old Yesterday | 11:18 AM
Veteran: Army

W214 E450
Very nice! How would you compare it to your S-class as far as comfort and ride?
Old Yesterday | 11:46 AM

2022 s 500 swb
Originally Posted by L1Wolf
Very nice! How would you compare it to your S-class as far as comfort and ride?
because of a consistent rattle in the front passenger seat or headrest that the dealer couldn’t fix which I had practically since the beginning the e is better in many respects. I found the S too wide on the road and the e fits better in my garage. I had the S 500 so same engine as in the e. I also have the massage seats which I couldn’t get in the S because of the parts shortage. Both cars are great on the highway. The S was heavier but frankly didn’t drive any better than the e.
Wolf by the way how does one add a pic to an existing tread. I wanted to post a pic of the wheels but didn’t want to start a new thread
The following users liked this post:
PSims (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

To add an image to any post such as this quick reply, simply click the upload icon.

Old Yesterday | 04:11 PM

2022 s 500 swb
Originally Posted by ua549
To add an image to any post such as this quick reply, simply click the upload icon.

Old Yesterday | 04:12 PM

2022 s 500 swb
Thanks UA 549

Trending Topics

Old Yesterday | 05:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Congrats, car looks great, silver is so classy fits well with the classy Mercedes-Benz character.

side note: I didn't know Nova Scotians' plate also has the same quality issues that a batch of Ontario ones had where the letters peeled off.
Old Yesterday | 05:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by martinlarose
because of a consistent rattle in the front passenger seat or headrest that the dealer couldn’t fix which I had practically since the beginning the e is better in many respects. I found the S too wide on the road and the e fits better in my garage. I had the S 500 so same engine as in the e. I also have the massage seats which I couldn’t get in the S because of the parts shortage. Both cars are great on the highway. The S was heavier but frankly didn’t drive any better than the e.
Wolf by the way how does one add a pic to an existing tread. I wanted to post a pic of the wheels but didn’t want to start a new thread
As you know, the W214 came after the W223 S-Class so this is the latest MB design language across its lineup. The side profile is so smooth and elegant not even the W223 has this, next S-Class would get this though but you get to experience it already first on the E-Class.
martinlarose (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 06:07 PM

2022 s 500 swb
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Congrats, car looks great, silver is so classy fits well with the classy Mercedes-Benz character.

side note: I didn't know Nova Scotians' plate also has the same quality issues that a batch of Ontario ones had where the letters peeled off.
I’ve had this plate for 30 plus years and every time I trade the dealer wants to replace it with a new plate but I like this plate so I have insisted on keeping it so now the dealer just automatically puts it back on the new car. Lol
Old Yesterday | 06:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

I’ve had this plate for 30 plus years and every time I trade the dealer wants to replace it with a new plate but I like this plate so I have insisted on keeping it so now the dealer just automatically puts it back on the new car. Lol
Oh I see, so it is wear and tear not a defect of the plate. There were a batch of Ontario plates that looked just like that with only 1 year of use (it mostly affected the "B" plates. That was resolved afterwards, especially starting with "C" .
martinlarose (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 06:19 PM

2022 s 500 swb
Oh I see, so it is wear and tear not a defect of the plate. There were a batch of Ontario plates that looked just like that with only 1 year of use (it mostly affected the "B" plates. That was resolved afterwards, especially starting with "C" .
the new plates in NS have a drawing of the Bluenose ship. My plate preceded that change.
Old Yesterday | 06:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

the new plates in NS have a drawing of the Bluenose ship. My plate preceded that change.
True, I didn't pay attention to that, but I mean your plate starts with A, I should had known better it was an old plate.
martinlarose (Yesterday)
Old Today | 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Nice Color, I thought about that Color as I have a 2025 All Terrain on order but the Nautical blue Color won me over, If it had been more of a silver/silver I probably would have gone with it, but it's kinda a silver with a light blue hue to it.
Old Today | 03:36 PM

2022 s 500 swb
Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
Nice Color, I thought about that Color as I have a 2025 All Terrain on order but the Nautical blue Color won me over, If it had been more of a silver/silver I probably would have gone with it, but it's kinda a silver with a light blue hue to it.
hi Merc
we communicated a few years ago when I was thinking of getting an S class which I did. I picked the silver because I ended up washing the S class twice a week as it was Obsidian Black and if not washed regularly it looked dirty. My first choice would have been Selenite Gray but not available in the e class. I do really like the nautical blue and the black for that matter but decided to cut down on my washes. However I got the car on Friday and have washed it twice. lol
Old Today | 03:38 PM

2022 s 500 swb
Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
I would have got the all terrain but it’s not available in Canada
Old Today | 04:02 PM
Veteran: Army

W214 E450
hi Merc
we communicated a few years ago when I was thinking of getting an S class which I did. I picked the silver because I ended up washing the S class twice a week as it was Obsidian Black and if not washed regularly it looked dirty. My first choice would have been Selenite Gray but not available in the e class. I do really like the nautical blue and the black for that matter but decided to cut down on my washes. However I got the car on Friday and have washed it twice. lol
Yes, the struggle is real. My last E was black and had to be washed often. Now the nautical blue is the same. I just washed it yesterday.
martinlarose (Today)
Old Today | 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
a friend of mine got that Mohave silver in a SUV and it looks good. I’m nervous about getting my all terrain with software issues. I think sometimes tech goes too far. I’d be just as happy to have the same electronics as my 2019 wagon I’ll be trading in. I’m not really crazy about touchscreens as I think they are dangerous and I’m surprised mb went down that road with mbux. They resisted for so long. But that’s a whole other thread. Hopefully the S class you got worked out for you Martin. My 2018 S class is gonna be a long term keeper. Hopefully the 214 will be as good or better than the 213 wagon I’ve had since 2018. Only complaint with that car is the front suspension bottoms out on sharp bumps so hopefully that’s corrected with the 214s and air suspension. It’s a shame no more mb wagons in Canada.
Old Today | 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hi Merc
. . . I picked the silver because I ended up washing the S class twice a week as it was Obsidian Black and if not washed regularly it looked dirty. My first choice would have been Selenite Gray but not available in the e class. . .
My '18 E300 is Selenite Grey Metallic. AFAIK it has been available every year since including MY 2025.
Old Today | 05:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by ua549
My '18 E300 is Selenite Grey Metallic. AFAIK it has been available every year since including MY 2025.
I guess they replaced it with Graphite Grey.
Old Today | 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I guess they replaced it with Graphite Grey.
The S class has Graphite Grey. The E class has Selenite Grey.