SL-Class (R129) 1990-2002: SL 280, SL 300, SL 320, SL 500, SL 600, SL 60 AMG

SL/R129: How did I not get pulled over???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 MB SL320, 2004 Chrysler Pacifica Limited, 2003&2004 Ford Taurus SE/SEL
How did I not get pulled over???

Wow, so listen to this. Today I was just runnin my SL in the neighborhood since it hasn't been driven in over a week. I like to drive it weekly to keep everything alive and well, as it won't be driven (purposefully) until the spring. I let her warm up by driving around the neighborhood for about 5 minutes, then decided to pull out of the neighborhood to clear the ol' pipes out (if you know what i mean). I put the pedal to the metal and got up to about 60 (in a 35) and then was going to turn around at a plaza UNTIL I saw a cop in the plaza. Right when I saw him, he started to move slowly. I thought, Sh*t, I'm SCREWED. I started panicing and slowed down to like 30, I almost just pulled right over. Then I just kept going (not speeding though, although I could've probably just flown away If I wanted! , but not the smartest thing to do!). I decided to take a back route to my house so I wouldn't have to pass the plaza he was doing radar in. I kept looking in my rearview mirror looking and waiting for him to come flying out of no where with his lights on, but nope...never. THANK GOD! Shes not even insured...I don't keep her insured in the winter months.
I know I'm crazy for taking her out on main roads...but I only take her like 3000 feet then turn around, to clear her pipes out.
But, I've learned my lesson. Phew. Anyone else got any speeding stories?
Old 12-30-2005, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
some
when i was just a pup my dad had a 92' SL500. we were going down this hill and he was like "watch this mark" and he kicked it down to about 90. i was amazed! untill "o****" came out of his mouth and he put heavy pressure on the breaks. and behind us was a cop on a bike right on our ***. we went the whole way home with that cop on our *** but never did the cop pull us over

that was fun.

i myself have ran away from the police 3 times. nothing i brag about because it is never the right thing to do. but damn, that is the biggest adrenilen rush ever!

mark
Old 12-30-2005, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 239 Likes on 185 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Escaped on an ATV once.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'87 W124, '95 R129, '04 G35
I was cruising in Maryland's Eastern Shore one nice Sunday this Fall with the top down doing 70 when I passed a State Trooper sitting in the median. I knew he had me when I blew by him in the fast land and was passing everyone. The posted speed limit is 55 on Route 50. I looked back at the rear view mirror, and to my horror, he peeled out from where he was sitting. Then the light came on and I knew he was after me. I kept looking back and slowly reducing speed waiting for him to catch up. But he pulled a car I blew past earlier instead, which was about 10 car lenghts back. I was about to crap in my pants. Needless to say, I behaved for the rest of the afternoon. The last time I had a speeding ticket was back in 1989.