SL/R129: Keyed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Angry Keyed!

Ok, so I am leaving school a little earlier than usual, and I notice a small white line on my rear left quarter panel. Looks like someone scratched up my car. Man, does this **** me off. I swear, I would love to find out just who this mother****er is and educate him in the importance of respecting another's automobile.

I mean, cmon, I did absolutely nothing. I vandalized no one's car and am not the type to start trouble. Jesus, people are way too jealous, I hate it. And it's not like I have the only nice car in the lot. One girl just got a brand new $80K Range Rover. Another guy just got a $106K Range Rover Supercharged...it's ridiculous. It's not my fault if you feel insecure in your ricer, I did nothing to you. There are alot of cars out there much nicer than mine. You know what I do when I see them...I compliment the guy. What I don't do is be little **** punk and key the car...that is wrong.

A good family friend of mine said not to worry about things like this for it is not worth it. She is right, even though I wouldn't mind kicking the ever loving **** outa this guy and putting a brick through his windshield.

Ok, done venting. Just saying, watch out guys, lot of *****s out there.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
1992 500SL, 1990 Jag XJS V-12 Conv't, 1976 Jag XJ12C, another '76 XJ12C!
You are absolutely spot on in your comments. Just once I would like to catch someone doing something like that to someone's car. I hate to say it but some people really are aggressive towards guys like you us who choose to drive nice cars. When I bought my first Jag I couldn't beleive how many people flipped me the bird on the highway or cut me off for no reason at all. Just yesterday I had a guy pull out in front of my SL on the highway and slow down fast blocking me in when I hadn't done anything at all to him. Luckily more people compliment my cars than pull stuff like this, but it really does suck when it happens. Sorry about your ride man.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
some
awww man im sorry, i hate jellous people. i know where you are comming from man, at my school there are NSX $90K, $M3s 60K, E55 $90K, and a buddy of mine (17 years old) just got a brand new Porsche Turbo S, yea the $180K dollar one, and for some strange rason, the "kid with the red mercedes conv, gets ALL the ****." i dont know why but it is very upsetting.

how bad is it? is a a repant? or just a colour sand?

mark
Old 03-06-2006, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Thanks guys, good to know I'm not alone on this one. gdmarques, I go through the same things each day, people just want to cut you off because you drive a nice car, its insane...but I guess we just have to above it all and be more mature (even though straightening out some of these punks would definetely make me feel better ). Mark, I hear ya bro, the only reason our SL's are the target is because they are the more classy cars. Fortunetely, its just a small white line which sticks out more than it should since the car is black...easily repairable but still, shouldn't be there in the first place. Just have to watch out in the future.

HLG
Old 03-06-2006, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
sorry to hear that..... ... It not about the $$$ of the car.......is about how nice your car look that when someone will f*ck it up...... ..some *** hole back up on my car last night.... ...got the fool plate number.... ....but lucky no damage to the car... ..... but still......
Old 03-06-2006, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C320wz
Originally Posted by HLG600
I go through the same things each day, people just want to cut you off because you drive a nice car, its insane...
Some years ago, i saw this one nightly news program. I don't recall which network it was on but it was either ABC, CBS, or NBC. Anyhow, they did a test. They got this lady pretending to have car problem on the freeway. First, they put her on a domestic car. People would stop and try to help her out. Next, they put her on a Mercedes SL. She waited and waited but nobody would stop to help her. The reporter concluded that it was tougher to get help from other drivers if you have car problem and are driving a luxury car.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:11 PM

You know how they say it takes a big man to let things go - I'm Sicilian so that doesn’t apply to me. Throw a brick in their windshield and relieve your self in their car if you find out who it is. Revenge is a wonderful thing, it makes you feel so much better.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
Originally Posted by tonyayo
You know how they say it takes a big man to let things go - I'm Sicilian so that doesn’t apply to me. Throw a brick in their windshield and relieve your self in their car if you find out who it is. Revenge is a wonderful thing, it makes you feel so much better.
haha. that reminds me of the first scene from the movie Kill Bill pt 1. It got the quote:

"Revenge is a dish best served Cold"
--old Klingon (Star Trek) proverb
Old 03-06-2006, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by tonyayo
Tony, I agree, but as much as I would love to "educate" this piece of ****, I have to realize that it won't be worth it...last thing I want is to be sued (knock on wood) by the same ******* who started the whole mess.

Brabus, I'm glad to hear that your car is okay...chase the fool down.

Mick, I am not surprised. Jealousy, it's all jealousy man.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1991 300sl 5 speed manual
Im getting Video Cameras

I already purchased some mounting Hardware for a camera. CLick here http://store.yahoo.com/cinemasupplies/succupmoun.html

Next step is to find some cameras that stay on when The car is parked, and some how tie it in with the motion sensers. I found some camera systems that work off of a hard drive. Just need to buy a cheep peice of **** old lap top and bury it in the Trunk then all of the video of an attempted keying would be recorded on the hard drive. I am even thinking of some how tieing it in with a back up camera and rearview mirror camera etc. I just need to meet the right people that can install all of this expensive equipment. You said it would be worth it to find the a hole that did this. Well I say we put our money where our mouths are and lets get this figured out. Lets devise a system and then Sell it on ebay. THen every car enthusiast can be armed with video surveilance for there precious rides. Jeff
Old 03-09-2006, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Jeff,

I remember seeing such a product a while back...it was a small yellow camera which was able to monitor the side windows and windshield. However, if I recall correctly, the image was in black and white and not of very high quality. But I am loving the idea, almost "007-ing" our rides.

HLG
Old 03-10-2006, 12:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1991 300sl 5 speed manual
How about we develope our own Rear view side mirrors

THe cameras can be bounted both for and aft to get the entire scope. And mounted behind the glass of the mirror. Intagrated with the system. I have a few links for you to check out. Just a second
http://www.surveillance-video.com/col4camsys.html#top
I think with the right group of people we can figure this thing out. It beats a lojack any day. Because you still have to pay the deductable if the jerk off wrecks your car when its stolen. Jeff
http://www.surveillance-video.com/20pica.html
http://www.surveillance-video.com/worsmalwirvi.html

Last edited by jjay911; 03-10-2006 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Almost a Member!

'99 SL600 Sport
So sorry to hear of the vandalism. People are haters. I've had my car two weeks and someone backed up into me 5 days after getting it, and then last week someone stole the tow hook cover flaps off the car. $450 and have to get them painted still.

PEOPLE ARE HATERS.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Sandy, I am sorry to hear that. Just remember, Karma always comes around...
Old 03-13-2006, 09:58 PM

SL600 r230, SL600 r129,, SL500 r230, ML320, C280 Sport, 190e 2.3 16V (2)
I read this on one of these MB boards a few years back.

Some guy with a nice Benz who, like me, always parks far away from everybody, was in a store and watched somebody park next to him, swing their door open on his car door, and then drove to another spot in the lot.

So, instead of getting mad, he claims he wrote a nice note explaining how rude the individual was, and that he should not do those kind of things. Then he went back to his Benz so he could find something to attach the note to the windshield with.

So he attached it and left. When the door banging jerk came back, he found a screwdriver through his windshield with the note attached.

Probably not true, but it sure warmed my heart reading it.

I swear - I had a 1989 Plymouth Grand Voyager as a beater, and a good beater it was. It had over 200,000 miles and only smoked when stopped at a light . That van did not have one ding on it anywhere, and I always parked as close to my destination as possible with it. In fact, most people that parked next to me parked far away - probably afraid that the low-life that drove something like that probably banged doors!