SL-Class (R129) 1990-2002: SL 280, SL 300, SL 320, SL 500, SL 600, SL 60 AMG

SL/R129: Goodbye, Maybe??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 11:01 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
1992 500SL, 1990 Jag XJS V-12 Conv't, 1976 Jag XJ12C, another '76 XJ12C!
Want to trade?

How about I trade you your 600 for my 1976 Jaguar XJ12C? When I first got it I filled up both of the 12 gallon tanks to the top. Then after just about 40 miles of driving around town for a few days I went to gas station and filled her up again (the fuel gauge is not working) to see how much I burned. Imagine my surprise when I put 10, that's right 10 gallons of gas back in her. Yep, the 4 MPG car is alive and well and sitting in my barn in CT. Nice to look at, but you wouldn't want to drive one!
Old 04-27-2006, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
So the forum is saying to hold on, which I wish to do.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
Originally Posted by HLG600
So the forum is saying to hold on, which I wish to do.
hold on to your SL600........... need I say more......... This forum will not be the same with out you......
Old 04-27-2006, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One with 4 wheels
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS
hold on to your SL600........... need I say more......... This forum will not be the same with out you......
Old 04-27-2006, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Thanks guys.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:44 PM

SL500 2001 Formula 1 Edition;
I pray to God gas prices go to $5.00 per gallon in the USA.

I pray to God gas prices go to $5.00 in the USA. Think of the driving utopia it would create:

1. Stupid big SUV's would be on the road less.

2. Poor people with POS cars and trucks would be forced off the road and onto mass transit.

3. Reckless teenage drivers could not afford to drive as much.

4. Thus, the roads will be less crowded, there will be less pollution, and I can faster.

5. Therefore, for me, an extra $20 - $50 per week for gas and the increased costs for items that need to be transported by truck is a fantastic bargin. I'll save that amount by just banging one fewer out-of-work actress every month -- okay, maybe two fewer if they are cheap dates.

So, please bring on the higher gas prices.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Originally Posted by mebeJOE
I pray to God gas prices go to $5.00 in the USA. Think of the driving utopia it would create:

2. Poor people with POS cars and trucks would be forced off the road and onto mass transit.

4. Thus, the roads will be less crowded, there will be less pollution, and I can faster.

5. Therefore, for me, an extra $20 - $50 per week for gas and the increased costs for items that need to be transported by truck is a fantastic bargin. I'll save that amount by just banging one fewer out-of-work actress every month -- okay, maybe two fewer if they are cheap dates.

Haha.............interesting point of view. Also, if gas prices were to go up to $5, $6, hell even $7 or $8......the alternative fuel industry would benefit greatly due to demand being higher, FORCING oil companies to change their pricing to stay competitive. Either way I agree, LET THE PRICES GO UPPPP!!!!!
Old 04-28-2006, 02:14 PM

Yes, well . . . you are right, alternative fuel will be more competitive at that point. And once that industry ramps up, the prices for the stuff will probably go down.

The reason we don't use it now is that OIL is still the cheapest way to go.

I can't wait until the last drop of oil is drained from those desert sands and we can tell the extremists to go fornicate themselves.

But until that blessed day, I'm drivin' my baby and not going to worry about saving a couple of bucks on gas by spending money to buy a lesser car.

I would suggest that to all of you -- enjoy life and drive your wonderful R129. There is NO better value in life. Unless you are driving 30,000 miles a year, you aren't going to save that much.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

some

do you listen to the adam corrola show? he has the same point of view.

mark
Old 04-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Almost a Member!

Everytime I Fill Up My Tank I Have This Great Huge Grin On My Face. I Love Using Fuel. I Love Seeing Ppl Filling Their Vehicles Up. Plz Keep Buying Bigger And Bigger Engined Cars. Plz Keep Driving Your Cars Uneconomically Because Everytime You Pull Up At The Pump And Squeeze That Trigger On The Nozzle My Country Gets Richer And Richer. And At 62 Dollars A Barrel Thats Alot Of Billions.

600sl 1992
500sl 1992
300sl 24v 1992
Bmw X5 2005
Ferrari 355 Spider 2000
E240 1998
Old 04-28-2006, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by BANANA
Everytime I Fill Up My Tank I Have This Great Huge Grin On My Face. I Love Using Fuel. I Love Seeing Ppl Filling Their Vehicles Up. Plz Keep Buying Bigger And Bigger Engined Cars. Plz Keep Driving Your Cars Uneconomically Because Everytime You Pull Up At The Pump And Squeeze That Trigger On The Nozzle My Country Gets Richer And Richer. And At 62 Dollars A Barrel Thats Alot Of Billions.
Hey, Banana -- good for you -- I LOVE to see decent people get rich (I'm assuming you aren't someone trying to destroy the western world.) However, just a word on warning: Don't spend it all in one place -- they aren't making any more. When it's gone, it's gone.

Oh, hey . . . except . . . wouldn't this be way cool -- there's not really any oil left in the middle east . . . but middle eastern scientists have come up with a way to make synthetic oil way cheap, but you can't tell the difference between it and regular oil. So, they keep selling it to us at inflated prices. Then Tom Cruise figures this out, and he is going to tell everyone -- but they kill him and replace him with an android that is programed with some strange religious viewpoints about anti-depressents and raising kids and stuff. And then he leaves his hot wife, and takes up with a woman half his age and he goes on talk shows and says really stupid stuff and jumps up and down on couches and then he has a kid with a woman young enough to be HIS kid . . . no, no one would believe it.

BTW, Banana, you are living in the past. Oil is over $70 a barrel this week.

Last edited by mebeJOE; 04-28-2006 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

this thread has kinda changed directions, but anyone that wants higher gas prices is a moron. there is no reason that oil should cost as much as it does. its costs between $5-10 to get the oil in the barrel and they sell that **** for $72 a barrel. that is price-gouging like no other! look at post #35. anyone who likes to read such is no american and that is for sure! i am to the point that, i think, the usa should only worry about the people that live here legally.

hlg- keep your car and drive it less. i get much less mpg than you do and i am a college student that works to fill my own tank. i wish i could say, but i cannot, my parents do not pay for my gas or rent!
Old 04-28-2006, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

600sl 1992
500sl 1992
300sl 24v 1992
Bmw X5 2005
Ferrari 355 Spider 2000
E240 1998
Yeah...... your country get richer... ....but I don't see you get any richer....... ........ so what the up side for you......??
Old 04-28-2006, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by blume
this thread has kinda changed directions, but anyone that wants higher gas prices is a moron. there is no reason that oil should cost as much as it does. . . .
The reason is called "supply and demand".

By your logic, there is no reason that exotic dancers can get $20 for a lap dance -- after all, a gee string only costs $5.00 and they can use it over and over and over.

But for some reason there seem to be plenty of smucks who will pay $20 for a lap dance.

Same with oil. Smucks will by SUV's, RV's, and other vehicles that suck gas and the smucks will by the gas they need to fill them. That's the demand.

And the guys who pump the oil out of the ground are the ones that control the supply. They have a vested interest in getting as much as they can for it, because whether there are 1 billion or 100 Trillion barrels in the ground, when it's gone -- it's gone.

Just the same as any working-class Joe Lunch Box kinda person. He has 24 hours in his day -- that's his inventory. And he wants to sell those hours for as much as he can, because when they are gone, they are GONE.

It is the same thing that the oil producing contries are doing. I don't care what nationallity they are -- they are still people who are doing the same as we all are -- trying to make a living.

You don't want to give them your money? Then stop driving a car that uses gas and oil.

And don't point your finger at me . . . my other car doesn't even use gasoline. I've never owned an RV or SUV. Up until my R129, I've almost always owned fuel-efficent cars. And I only live 1.5 miles from work. I'm not the fool whose wasting oil.

Last edited by mebeJOE; 04-28-2006 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:51 PM
Almost a Member!

Sl Brabus,

With All Due Respect You Dont Know Me And You Dont Know If Im Getting Richer When My Country Gets Richer.

The Important Thing Is That My Country Is Getting Richer. Ppl Come And Go But The Country Must Survive For Ever. As Someone Once Said '' Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You, Ask What You Can Do For Your Country''.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:06 PM

'87 W124, '95 R129, '04 G35
What year is your's 600?

I have a '95 SL320 with 77K weekend car, want an even trade? This way, you still own the greatest car in the world, without the high gas price.

You guys just gave me a great idea as most you said these 600 will depreciate more as gas price goes up. I have always want a 600, and since I have two other daily drivers, so the gas per mile on a 600 is of no concern of mine. Now I can really go out there and look for a V12
Old 04-28-2006, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
1999 SL 500 & 2011 E 550 4Matic
Think of it this way.

If your Dad was in the position to "give" you the SL 600 ... I'm sure the "savings" in gas would not be of much comfort to him.

If I were him, I would be very "proud" to have brought such pleasure to my child.

Have you checked with him? If he would really want you to do this "for him"?

Although I do not have children. Once done (giving such a great present) ... I imagine that I would rather starve to death, than take such a gift away from a loved one.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisB; 04-29-2006 at 12:43 AM.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sl Brabus,

With All Due Respect You Dont Know Me And You Dont Know If Im Getting Richer When My Country Gets Richer.

The Important Thing Is That My Country Is Getting Richer. Ppl Come And Go But The Country Must Survive For Ever. As Someone Once Said '' Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You, Ask What You Can Do For Your Country''.
I am sorry I do lose your respect..... when you post something stupid on post #35.... ....You right........I don't know you........and I don't care.... ... All I know is if you get richer you would not drive what you drive now.......you would drive something more up- to- date bling bling... .... you can't even answer my question...... what the up side for you........?? what your country do for you.....?? I hate to say this but everybody for their own pocket......... Welcome to the real world BANANA.........!!
Old 04-29-2006, 01:54 AM

96 SL500, 97 E420

And there would be posts in every forum asking can I run regular in my __ class
Old 04-29-2006, 05:41 AM
Almost a Member!

Sl Brabus,

Yes You Are Right You Dont Know Me. I Dont Want My Country To Do Anything For Me, I Wanna Do Everything For My Country.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
SLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.bmp (676.5 KB, 260 views)
SLZZZZZZZZZZZ2.bmp (698.7 KB, 249 views)
SLZZZZZZ4.bmp (663.9 KB, 248 views)
SLZZZZZZ5.bmp (635.2 KB, 234 views)
SLZZZZZZZ3.bmp (666.9 KB, 209 views)

Last edited by BANANA; 04-29-2006 at 05:44 AM.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sl Brabus,

Yes You Are Right You Dont Know Me. I Dont Want My Country To Do Anything For Me, I Wanna Do Everything For My Country.
Sorry of the off topic HLG600... ...Wow....... Am I suppose to be impress.... ...?? I did not ask you to post your ride here or proof what kind of cars you have here.. .... I guess you really have a low selfesteem.... ....and have to try to proof something.... .... I assuming you from the middle east...... If your country is so great why are you living in UK.......?? ( for the record I have nothing against middle east or middle east people)

Last edited by SL BRABUS; 04-30-2006 at 01:52 AM.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL000

This is what I'm talking about!!!
Old 04-30-2006, 05:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'93 SL500
Winge, winge, winge..... an increase in fuel and all hell breaks loose.

Try 8.75USD per gallon!!!

Keep the car for weekends and continue enjoying it, that's what the poorer UK owners do ;-)

I've just returned from Dallas and that's all I heard - breaking news...rising Gas prices - "will the US ever be the same..." LOL... come on guys....there's more to the SL...

Lea
Old 04-30-2006, 06:47 AM
Almost a Member!

Sl Brabus,

Sure You Do.

There You Go Assuming Again. I Told You That You Do Not Know Me So Do Not Assume Things. Now Run Along Cause This Conversation Is Getting Nowhere.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sl Brabus,

Sure You Do.

There You Go Assuming Again. I Told You That You Do Not Know Me So Do Not Assume Things. Now Run Along Cause This Conversation Is Getting Nowhere.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL/R129: Goodbye, Maybe??