SL-Class (R129) 1990-2002: SL 280, SL 300, SL 320, SL 500, SL 600, SL 60 AMG

SL/R129: SL600 Owners Unite! Wiring Harness plagues early models

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500 2002, SL500 1992 E320 1996
Gentlemen, join the club. I as well as thousands, that's right thousands of M Benz owners have been burdened with this tradgic & financial disaster over the past many years with the infamous MBenz wiring problems. I have owned 16 M Benz since 1969. Up until model 1984 they were almost trouble free. Since then 12 of the M Benzs' I owned all ( ALL) had wiring problems, which cost an untold amount of money ( which I could have purchased a new fully loaded American top of the line Lincoln or Cadillac SUV.) I own a larege workshop and service all makes of vehicles many of them being Bewnz. The newer they are the more problems exist ( most of which in the electrical systems. I have performed extensive repairs on many of the older ( 1957-1966) and serviced them for customers and as far as the wiring and the elect systems go they are bullet proof. These cars sold for approx $4000 - $6000 in their day and many are running as strong as ever with little preoblems. Today's Benz set you back $140,000 - $200,000 for a compatible model vehicle and you be lucky if you get six months trouble free driving out of it before something goes wrong. I now have have three of my Benz out of servics with wiring issues the E320 I installed a new harness a year ago at a cost of $1280. 00 plus $119.00 shipping out of USA & 300 customs duties. and now more electrical preoblems with fuel sysatem.
I am now also searching for a harness for the SL 500 troo many problems to mention.
the SL 500 2002 has electrical issues with the convertible top control I throw my hands in the air and give up on these ***** mobiles. I cannot help but think that the Germans did this
deliberately to get back at us for them loosing the war. To think that M. benz still proclaim that they don't have wiring problems with their vehicles. I guess denying the fact means the probleem don't exist and so the liability of fixing the problem is not that of M. Benz. I dson't ask M.benz to bare the responsibility of accepting the full cost of the fix, perhaps they could have intervened on behaldf of those and provided a reasonable preiced wire harness or some token offering to eleviate the problem. One would think that someone in their wisdom at M Benzwould realize the negative backlash that this would have on their reputation not to mention the loss of potential sales. As far as I go I no longer support , praise or intend to own another M benz product.