SL-Class (R129) 1990-2002: SL 280, SL 300, SL 320, SL 500, SL 600, SL 60 AMG

SL/R129: ADS oil leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600
ADS oil leak

I have owned my 98 sl600 since January. I was nervous when I purchased it because it is a complicated ride. But, so far it is an engineering marvel and seems as solid as a rock. Everything works like new and it is a joy to drive.

When I got the car, I noticed that the ADS reservoir was low and so I bought a liter of the MB hydraulic fluid and topped off the tank. It took about a half of the liter to bring it to the mark with the car at the low setting. The suspension seems to works fine.

Problem is that every now and again the car will drop a dab of hydraulic fluid on the floor of my garage. The dab appears below the drivers side of the engine. Maybe halway along that side of the engine. The total leak is maybe a couple of tablespoons of oil. I raise the suspension when I drive into my garage because of the angle of my drive. I think that the oil drip corresponds to when I forget and leave the car at the high level. It seems to just leak that amount and then quit.

Any ideas what might be leaking? And what it might cost to have it fixed at my friendly(?) MB dealership?

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2007, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600
Problem solved

My local MB dealer took care of it...