SL-Class (R129) 1990-2002: SL 280, SL 300, SL 320, SL 500, SL 600, SL 60 AMG

SL/R129: Lowered my car, now leaking hydraulic fluid...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowered my car, now leaking hydraulic fluid...

Hi-
I have a 1997 SL600, I recently lowered it, have had no problems until I noticed a puddle under it. (it has ads suspension) Should I have drained some fluid from the reservoir after lowering it to make up for the difference in the adjusted height? I thought at first that my trans was leaking, the bottom of the pan is soaked, it turns out to be hydraulic fluid, not trans fluid. Is there a line that runs over the trans that may have cracked, or is there an overflow on the hydraulic reservoir that is over the trans that would account for it? Before I take it to my local Mercedes dealer and bend over for the reaming I wanted to get some advice or opinions from anyone that may have some knowledge on it here.....Thanks!
Old 07-12-2008, 07:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL 500, CL 500
Hi I may have an answer but I also have a question!
Yes there is an overflow from the reservoir so it was probably just fluid overflow, check the level in the reservoir just to make sure at normal ride height it is between the max/min marker.

now, the question is, how did you lower it, I would like to do the same.
also if you can shed any light on another issue I'm having I'd be over the moon, my front left is riding 17-19mm higher than my right, is there anyway to independently adjust the ride height of each wheel, or is this a worn cell on the right?

Thanks