SL-Class (R129) 1990-2002: SL 280, SL 300, SL 320, SL 500, SL 600, SL 60 AMG

SL/R129: corner light trouble

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 06:54 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
SL500, GLC300
corner light trouble

i need help. i bought a new LHS corner turning light and i got it in, almost. the clip in the back doesn't seem to be quite long enough. i can see it and feel it is about 5mm to short to clip in. i have pushed and pulled and it just wont budge. does anyone have any ideas on how to get it to clip in? i am worried it might come out sometime when I'm driving and dangle from the wire.

i know i have the correct part. same p/n as the one i replaced and i got it from the mercedes dealership ($130.00 for a little turning light)
Old 07-22-2012, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 sl320
corner light

I recently bought a aftermarket left side corner light and had the same problem. In my case the metal clip was pushed back too far on the light. I had to use a deburring tool to grind out about 3mm of plastic so the metal clip would move out a little. This may not help in your case, but it worked for me.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:32 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
SL500, GLC300
good news, i got it in. after working up a sweat, hearing a lot of creaking and possible cracking, it went in. it is a very tight fit but i was able to push it in. but i also had to pull on the little clip and then when it got to the part where it clicks for it to push it over the clip or it wouldn't have gone in itself. i thought i was going to break that thing, but its in, tight and now wont fall out! lets hope someone doesn't break one of them again. parking lot mishaps, people should really leave notes when they cause permanent damage that you can't just wash off.