SL-Class (R129) 1990-2002: SL 280, SL 300, SL 320, SL 500, SL 600, SL 60 AMG

SL/R129: Carsoft 7.4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600AMG
Carsoft 7.4

I have a SL600 (96) hooked up to a PC using Carsoft7.4, it appears to be doing something when I run a complete diagnostics but every test returns Status: Module is not built in, or does not respond.
At present I have it plugged in under the hood, back right. I would love to get hold of a PDF of how to use this software, where to plug it in for the different tests that sort of thing. There was no documentation sent with the product. Personally I'm amazed I managed to get it to do anything at all.
Thanks for reading this post, gav
Old 07-30-2013, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W220 /W211
Carsoft 7.4

Originally Posted by gcookman
I have a SL600 (96) hooked up to a PC using Carsoft7.4, it appears to be doing something when I run a complete diagnostics but every test returns Status: Module is not built in, or does not respond.
At present I have it plugged in under the hood, back right. I would love to get hold of a PDF of how to use this software, where to plug it in for the different tests that sort of thing. There was no documentation sent with the product. Personally I'm amazed I managed to get it to do anything at all.
Thanks for reading this post, gav
Hi, I have just installed mine. It is by no means straight forward. From my limited experience, there are several likely causes to this phenomenon.

1. Have you selected the right connection (ODB or 38 pins)
2. Do you have administrator rights to the device in which the software is being installed?
3. Do you have a native serial port or are you using a serial to USB adaptor?
3A. Did you enable the serial port on your hardware through the BIOS? Modern hardware tend to ignore this because with the advent of USB, we no longer use RS232 serial communication port!
4. Did you turn your engine key to P1 position (ie. the final click just before the engine crank)?
5. Do you see 2 LED diodes lighted by the side of the mux? Is the one labelled "k" blinking?
6. Did you set the right serial comm port on the Carsoft software setting (Com1 to 4)? You need to use the correct port if you are emulating RS232 on a USB.
7. What baud rate did you set the serial comm port?

It is true that version 7.4 is a rather incomplete version as compared to V11 or 12, but it should offer some diagnostic reading such as ABS, Airbag, ME etc., for vehicle before 2004.

Hope the above help.