SL/R129: 2002 Silver Arrow R129 Suddenly Won't Start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500
2002 Silver Arrow R129 Suddenly Won't Start

Hey Folks,

Any help is super huge help. I have a 2002 Silver Arrow with about 75K Miles. It always ran like a dream. The other day I drove it to work fine. Then when I was about to leave the car made a sound like a lame eighth of a crank (working with cars in the past it sounded like a dead battery, like the last drop.). The battery is almost new and holds charge well. all lights go on everything works, but when I turn the key there is nothing crank wise. I hear something like a pump engage but nothing else. I tried using a booster but there is nothing. All fuses seem to be fine (ones under the hood and in the trunk) I don't want to start working on it and get all messed up, I never really worked on a mercedes before. So I thought to ask what it could be. The roof does seem to leak just a bit toward pass back, could water have gotten somewhere? Also have been having trouble with my key, it stopped working a while ago so I have always used it as manual key. When I put the key in it all lights go on as usual, everything goes at it should, but no turn over no crank. Its like a relay or something... Other then that car has always been a champ. again any help is much appreciated.