SL/R129: star diag software and cabling for e320 sl500 MB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2022, 04:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e320w
Lightbulb star diag software and cabling for e320 sl500 MB

Need some HELP & Hello,

A little about my addiction to these beautiful cars. I LOVE THESE CARS I grew up with all foreign cars parked in front of my parents’ home. All throughout the 60’s 70’s and 80’s then the times changed. We had Fiat’s, Renaults, VW’s, Wagons, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, MG’s Triumphs, BMW’s and a Lotus Europa. We had an average of twelve cars in front of the house the whole time and that’s why I always had a different car to cruise the strip with. The best thing about driving around back then was drinking a beer in one hand and shifting gears in the other. The whole time charging all the gas fill ups under the family account name at the local gas stations.

Presently. I have 9 cars and two are Mercedes and think it is time to find an online/offline star diagnostics software program. So I can turn modules on and off and run tests. I don't want to pay the dealer $200 to turn off a light on the dash and them have it come back on again.

Now that I have two Mercedes, The one place I can save some money is to diagnose the little stuff I can fix from the top of the car. Like the way I change the oil / filter.
Need help with a link to download purchase cables and a Star or likeness software program to link the 16 pin or 32 pin connector cable. I Would like to communicate with ecu and the 47 modules on one bus. Star Xentry system it seems to be it for my older cars. Is there an older version 2016 or do I need the newer version.

I have two Mercedes 03 e320 -W211 (Only has one 16 pin connector under the dash) I has a parasidic battery drain that I need to track down. The low battery trips the srs light on and makes electrical system flaky at night driving . The right front headlight and side lamp gets burnt out a lot, everything else is fine.

2000 SL 500 r129 convertible- Has both a 16 pin under dash and the 32 pin in the engine compartment. There are no codes in memory and everything is fine.
I just purchased the Foxwell nt 530 with 32 pin adapter for the sl500 It has limited stuff. I want to purge the ABS trouble shoot the SRS or any light that might come on in more depth. If I can test independent modules that might help track down any problems in the future.

With no cars or trucks around, both cars do go over a 100 mph on I 5 with no problems at all.
I would appreciate any advice and run down of what equipment I need to look at each of the two cars modules in depth.
Tracy
Old 01-29-2022, 03:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
great opus on nothing----contact one of the sponsors who builds XDOS diagnostic sets for wanabes
Old 01-29-2022, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e320w
Thank you for getting back..so soon..
I really just want to go to the beach and forgo working on under the hood, but these cars demand frequent attention to detailed maintenance.
I am still working on winning the African lottery over here. The only place I can really see saving any real money while owning and maintaining the R128 and the E320 is to get under the hood myself. I am planning a trip soon to drive down highway 1 to Monteray, CA and checking out the whales.

Adain, Thanks for the info