SL/R129: Centre console not locking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 SL280; Mitsi Legnum VR4
Cool Centre console not locking

Guys,

I bought(August2004) the government an SL280 for her birthday!?! Dunno what happened there but anyway, she's been nagging for ten years and I thought :" It's only money."
THE CAR:
1994, Silver, black leather, hard top, Blaupunkt radio/tape with cd stacker in the boot, 100% original and not one scratch. I mean it! I paid NZ$37K which I thought was a fair price.

THE PROBLEM
The cenrte console and the two door compartments won't lock when I lock the cubby. I have tried both main keys, main doors open and closed but to no avail.
Please guys, I really want this car to be perfect for her and I am at my wits end. I am not that wealthy and am just able to afford this car so it has to be perfect and stay that way!

Cheers
Henk
Old 09-28-2004, 11:02 PM

locking problem

Had the same problem. Everything locks by the air compressor in the right trunk behind the panel and above the battery. Mine had several air leaks when I got it and one was at the locking mechanism in the rear compartment. Get everything quiet and lock the doors with the remote. Listen for air hissing, follow it and then put some good quality tape on the part that is leaking. Leave all these doors open and listen closely at each one, one at a time. Good luck
Ron
Old 10-03-2004, 11:08 PM

1994 SL280; Mitsi Legnum VR4
Ron,

Thanks for that. I will sure try and let you know what happened.

Sorry for the late response, I was a bit crook from last Friday but I am right as rain again so I will tackle her tonight!

Thanks again
Henk