Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2023, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600
ASR+ABS 600SL..again

Hi all
I have a 600SL imported from Japan.
I did the wire harness on injectors, starter and ETAīs. Seems that itīs all working. Engine runs, but haven't driven it yet. Not sure if it in limp mode but ASR and ABS is on
and the yellow triangle in the middle of the ODO. starts at about 1000-1200 rpm, then fall to 800. at the moment without the air filter and box. Temp sensors are on.
The codes im reading is
14 on pin 7 "Closed throttle position contact switch"
13+14 on pin 11 (Oil level switch, should be OK now + steering wheel sensor not activated, can be done/activated)
29+30 on pin 21 "No axle vehicle wheel speed sensor signal" + "Soft top operation blocked"

I have not driven the car after the wire harness have been fixed...itīs winter here

The one fault I cant understand is the 14 on pin 7. I have checked the sensor the the pedal. Gives infinite R when NOT pressed, 1K Ohm when pressed.
It measures approx 5V between GND and the supply to the sensor and approx 1,5V between GND and the other pin when pressed...right after the book
I can not reset the fault.
Some while ago, I was able to raise the roof, no problems. Also, last summer, it worked OK (the roof) meaning there where no faults. That was before fixing the
wire harness ..
I have made a continuity test between N4 and N52 (VSS Signal)..seems like there are signal. Checked also 4 ABS sensors Ohm are OK as well as AC voltage when turning wheel.
There are NO fault codes on pin 6 (ABS/ASR system !), just 1 blink...happy days..
I bought the car last summer and it seems to me it is un-touched but very dirty in engine bay. I have had ADS problems for a while..hoping to fix it soon, but it seems the car getting a
better "stand" when there are oil in the system.
Had all wireharnes out of the engine bay to fix it and clean it
Oh, one more thing. The 2 relays on the ABS hydraulic block was missing !! but now replaced.
Trying to bleed the system on the SP port just emptied the accumulator..the pump does not start. So i tried to start the pump manuel by activating the pump motor relay(the other relay is turning on to supply the circuit)
and it runs and are able to build up pressure..After approx 20 sec, the pressostat switches over to give signal to the computer to stop the pump.
I cant remember if I did continuity test on the ABS block to the computer.
Thinking of trying to get another EA/CC/ISC Module...but not sure if it will help anything..

Any ideas ?

Thanks, Anders, DK