SL-Class (R129) 1990-2002: SL 280, SL 300, SL 320, SL 500, SL 600, SL 60 AMG

SL/R129: 1994 SL600 Wiring Harness Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 03:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1992 SL500
1994 SL600 Wiring Harness Replacement

Hello everyone, long time browser first time poster. I’m the new owner of a 94 sl600 in emerald green metallic with 66k on the odometer. ASR light is on as well as Check Engine, seems to drive great in 1st and 4th but hates coasting in 2nd or 3rd, i’ll get fairly large RPM jumps and can feel the car lurching (feels almost like something’s not letting it downshift without me being on the brakes) checked the MAF sensor wiring and sure enough they were already sliced open by the seller to show the wires inside beginning to lose their casings.

All that being said, every thread i’ve been able to find is roughly 10 years old at this point and mostly consists of people getting quoted over 13k for a full engine and transmission wiring harness replacement.

Surely these cars have been around long enough with this common of a problem that there’s a more reasonable solution… if not she’ll sit till i can bite the bullet just curious what solutions (if any) others have found. Thanks for any help!

Last edited by masonsitzes; 04-24-2024 at 03:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
kaylix (04-29-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 320I
Thumbs up Connex Wire Ltd can help you out!

Originally Posted by masonsitzes
Hello everyone, long time browser first time poster. I’m the new owner of a 94 sl600 in emerald green metallic with 66k on the odometer. ASR light is on as well as Check Engine, seems to drive great in 1st and 4th but hates coasting in 2nd or 3rd, i’ll get fairly large RPM jumps and can feel the car lurching (feels almost like something’s not letting it downshift without me being on the brakes) checked the MAF sensor wiring and sure enough they were already sliced open by the seller to show the wires inside beginning to lose their casings.

All that being said, every thread i’ve been able to find is roughly 10 years old at this point and mostly consists of people getting quoted over 13k for a full engine and transmission wiring harness replacement.

Surely these cars have been around long enough with this common of a problem that there’s a more reasonable solution… if not she’ll sit till i can bite the bullet just curious what solutions (if any) others have found. Thanks for any help!
Hi There,

Jack from Connex here. We manufacture custom wiring harnesses for Boats, RV's, Ambulances, Police Cars etc globally. I would be more than happy to speak to you about restoring your faulty harness. Our pricing is much less than $13k so please send me an email at Jack@connexwire.com or call me on +6402102993133 and we can go from there.

Cheers, Jack