SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: SL500 #3 it keeps getting better!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500 and A-CLASS
Originally Posted by lorinserbenz
I had budgeted my car purchase with the home purchase in mind.. I just didnt want to go overboard and put myself in a bind. Like I said before the only option I cared about was Keylessgo, anything else extra was just a waste.
I thought about waiting on a 06 but thats at least 6 months away.. Plus my trade sold already..
I think you are right, the next one will be perfect.... That is unless the boat that its on is the Titantic 2, with my luck it probably is!
That is what is holding me up on my SLK AMG. As soon as it gets keyless go, I will be at the dealership.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 SL600, 2001 S500, 1996 SL320
Good Luck

Good Luck, you will be glad you are not getting the pano roof, several people have commented on how they think it cheapens the interior of the car.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 SL500, '07 Bentley Flying Spur, '08 Lexus RX400h
Originally Posted by lorinserbenz
All was good for the first 15 miles... then poof.. check engine ( see pic)light comes on... <sigh> and the A/C also is making a "hissing" sound.... my old S made the same sound just before the evaporator crapped out...
I feel your pain over here (or I did)... I guess my situ was a little better cause the owner of the dealership is a good friend of mine. When my SL was delivered it was actually brought to my house (by a very reputable NY dealer) with the "Consumer Electronics Inop." or whatever light on. They told me it would go away. As it was raining that weekend we took an SUV out to the East End and upon our return we were dying to drive the new baby. Hop in, drive for a bit, still see the msg after 30 mins of driving. Do some shopping, get back in, didn't see the light at startup, dropped the roof and off we went. Not 30 secs later it was back on but this time all sorts of lights were on. SBC, Consumer, etc... Pulled up to my driveway (it was about to rain) and I stupidly shut off the car before putting it in my garage. When I realized the roof was down I let out a few "choice words", and used teleaid. On a Sunday afternoon, someone was at my place in 15 mins! They jumped the car and put the top up. Then I garaged it. The next morning my dealer sent me a note of apology when they came to tow it in, and gave me a new E to fiddle around with for the day... Was called at work 2 hours later saying all was fixed and they wanted me to verify it myself. Drove there after work, the manager of MB service gave me a walkthrough of what happened and how the problem was fixed. They apologized profusely for even delivering it in that state and said the person who delivered the car was new and was unaware it was serious. We had a good chuckle at that. Turns out the alternator was completely broken. Further, even though I drove it, the battery would not charge. That wouldnt be soo bad, but the starter battery drained leaving no way to start the car. They said this was very rare and the specific dealer had never had a case of this...

Posted this on benzworld also but got an update later...

Few weeks later - Service manager called to make sure everything was OK, said he would personally inspect the car if anythign was wrong... Later that week got a bottle of Krug from Sherry-Lehman. I was willing to forgive and forget after that