SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Eibach Lowering module ... got it.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 02:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
Eibach Lowering module ... got it.

I received my Eibach lowering module today. Has anyone installed one of these? I have wired in piggyback ECUs so I am not afraid to do it myself. The one thing that concerns me is the manual says to disconnect the battery. From what I have read thats a big NO NO on our cars.
My friend who is a MB tech says he will install it for $200, which seems fair. He cant do it till next week... but I am impatient
Old 04-07-2005, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 BMW 745Li Black/beige, 2006 SL600 Capri Blue/Black still on order
If you've got a sec, can you tell me what it's supposed to do, and how/when it'd work?
Old 04-07-2005, 03:07 PM

none
It lowers the car 1.25" ... It goes in line with the stock ABC module.
You can lower the car via a module like this one or by changing the links.
Doing the latter is cheaper but the car lowers itself at speed and with the car can end up to low.
With the module the cars height stays the same at high speeds.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:22 PM

2002 BMW 745Li Black/beige, 2006 SL600 Capri Blue/Black still on order
Originally Posted by lorinserbenz
It lowers the car 1.25" ... It goes in line with the stock ABC module.
You can lower the car via a module like this one or by changing the links.
Doing the latter is cheaper but the car lowers itself at speed and with the car can end up to low.
With the module the cars height stays the same at high speeds.

Neat! Let us know how it works out. Is it a full time lowering thing, or can you raise it on command if you need to as when parking or going over a speed bump, etc?

Steve
Old 04-07-2005, 03:55 PM

none
You can still raise the car up just as before..
Old 04-07-2005, 07:22 PM

2010 Range Rover S/C 2010 Land Rover LR4 HSE Lux Plus 2007 BMW R1200GS
I have looked into this module for awhile. I will be very interested to see how it works out.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2020 S560,14 ml350, 03 sl55, silver, pano, slr cams, evo headers, lsd, 2019 s63 cab.
how much does the eibach module sell for? thanks
Old 04-07-2005, 10:01 PM

none
I paid $975 for it.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:04 PM

'09 E93 335i
The lowering module sounds great, but I would like to know if it's going to void/interfere with my factory warranty and to what extent. Will it void the entire vehicle warranty, or just anything relating to ABC or anything relating to suspension?
Old 04-09-2005, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL500 and A-CLASS
Originally Posted by joec1101
The lowering module sounds great, but I would like to know if it's going to void/interfere with my factory warranty and to what extent. Will it void the entire vehicle warranty, or just anything relating to ABC or anything relating to suspension?
My dealer said it would. It really depends on the dealer.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:57 PM

none
Originally Posted by joec1101
Everytime a lowering discussion gets brought up voiding the warranty is always mentioned.
The answer is NO the dealer cant void your warranty.
There is a LAW that protects people from a dealer voiding warranties over aftermarket products.

In order for the dealer to void a warranty on a particular part, the part in question must show UNDENIABLE proof that the aftermarket add on caused the factory part to fail.
In the event the aftermarket part caused some sort of damage they could only void the warranty on the part that was broken. So if the lowering module screwed up the ABC module then the dealer could void the suspension warranty, but not the whole cars warranty.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:02 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
How does the lowering module effect ride quality...stiffness etc.? How does it effect tire wear?

Besides subjective opinions on looks of a lowered car, lower cg and some aero efficiencies at speed, what are the benefits and negatives for lowering the SL?
Old 04-10-2005, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL500 and A-CLASS
Everytime a lowering discussion gets brought up voiding the warranty is always mentioned.
There is a LAW that protects people from a dealer voiding warranties over aftermarket products.

In order for the dealer to void a warranty on a particular part, the part in question must show UNDENIABLE proof that the aftermarket add on caused the factory part to fail.
In the event the aftermarket part caused some sort of damage they could only void the warranty on the part that was broken. So if the lowering module screwed up the ABC module then the dealer could void the suspension warranty, but not the whole cars warranty.
Go tell that to my dealer.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:17 PM

2010 Range Rover S/C 2010 Land Rover LR4 HSE Lux Plus 2007 BMW R1200GS

I think the MOSS-MAGNUSSON ACT (sp) applies only to replacement parts. The lowering module is a modification, so there could be problems. I have been looking into this kit as well and my shop foreman also tells me this will void my warranty. I think worse case scenario, would be voiding of suspension warranty. I am very nervous of giving them a reason to deny coverage. If the box shorted out, and burned another part of the wiring harness, they might be able to blame it on the modified system. Unlike Dinan and Bmw, Mercedes only seems to recognize AMG. I don't want to sound negative about this, but it does make me nervous.