SL/R230: Depreciation of the SL600...your thoughts please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 04:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
Originally Posted by blueSL
Gosh, what, 2k miles? Extras at least $10k, and does that $152k include tax?

Not wishing to rain on your parade Lovin', but you need to check out the problem one Vanquish owner is having with his clutch before you part with your SL...

http://p088.ezboard.com/fastonmartin...icID=353.topic
Blue,

Believe it or not I was told about this. I don't have any real hills in my area so I should be OK. It sounds like his case was a little more severe than my dealer described. I am going to ask him and will let you know.

The $152 does not include tax but it does include the accessories that the dealer installed listed on the MB website like the SIRIUS radio, etc.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
SL55 AMG
Don't know enought about tax in the US to know whether that's recoverable but any way you look at it, it's a bigger hit than you would want.

Good that Aston Martin were up front about the clutch issue. It's the only car I've ever come across which tells you if the clutch is overheating but I'm sure that with normal driving it's fine. The key thing to do is not fall into the trap of riding the clutch at stop lights or in traffic. Seems to me that if your foot is on the foot brake, the clutch should be completely dis-engaged to avoid wear.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
Originally Posted by blueSL
Don't know enought about tax in the US to know whether that's recoverable but any way you look at it, it's a bigger hit than you would want.

Good that Aston Martin were up front about the clutch issue. It's the only car I've ever come across which tells you if the clutch is overheating but I'm sure that with normal driving it's fine. The key thing to do is not fall into the trap of riding the clutch at stop lights or in traffic. Seems to me that if your foot is on the foot brake, the clutch should be completely dis-engaged to avoid wear.
One of the things they have done to help this situation is that whenever the engine goes below 1300 RPM'S the clutch automatically opens so one had better be applying brake pressure at that time. They are also recommending that as you come to a stop, do so by bringing the car into neutrual.