SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: For LovinSL600

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 SL 500
For LovinSL600

Sorry to post this on the R230 board but I didn't think people would mind since Lovin has been so helpful here back in his MB days.

Lovin, the 7/17/05 LA Times, Los Angeles Magazine section has an article entilted, "Very Important Perks", subtitled "Club Aston offers much, much more than free lattes". It's basically about Galpin Motors LA Aston Martin dealership. They certainly are at a different level of service.

If you can't find it online leave me your fax number and I'll send it to you

Sam
Old 07-18-2005, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
Thumbs up Incredible service...

Originally Posted by So Cal Sam
Sorry to post this on the R230 board but I didn't think people would mind since Lovin has been so helpful here back in his MB days.

Lovin, the 7/17/05 LA Times, Los Angeles Magazine section has an article entilted, "Very Important Perks", subtitled "Club Aston offers much, much more than free lattes". It's basically about Galpin Motors LA Aston Martin dealership. They certainly are at a different level of service.

If you can't find it online leave me your fax number and I'll send it to you

Sam
Hi Sam,

Thanks so much. I was aware of this article as it is the latest in a long steak of arcticles. I have even had the chance to visit Galphin Motors a few months ago. The place is wild and believe it or not the article does not exaggerate what they have.

While other Aston Martin dealers do not have that kind of facility they do however offer incredible service. They will do thinks like go to your house and pick your car up on a flatbed so you don't have to drive it in and put miles on the car.

It wouldn't be a surprise if they took you to the airport after dropping off your car or picked you up at an airport and brought you to the dealership to get your car.

I know someone at my dealership that was getting a new car but was going to be on vacation when it was supposed to arrive. He came in the week before the car had arrived and paid for it in Walnut Creek, California where he lived. He was on vacation in Chicago and when the car came in the Dealer put it on a flatbed, at their cost, and had it sent from San Francisco area to Chicago so he would have the car while on vacation.

In the event of a problem that they didn't fix the first time they would never let you come into the dealership. They would insist on picking the car up as to not inconvenience you. I know of an instance where someone was supposed to bring in his car to have a part installed. Luckily they knew the part did not come in so they called him and told him not to bring the car in. For the inconvenience of messing up his schedule, the next day when the part came in they sent the mechanic to his house with his tools to install the part.

I know of another person who lives about 3 hours from the dealership. He hates for people to drive his car so he insisted on bringing it in himself since he was going to be in the area. When he was done with work in the area his car was not ready. Reason was that they had to balance the wheels and alignment and the specs call for weights on the front and rear seats to simulate actual people being in the car while it is driven. You can have your car set to slightly over steer or under steer. Both are within specs. At those speeds under steer is better. Well since his car was not ready, they gave him the exact same car which was a demo and the next day on Saturday they put his car on a flatbed and delivered it to his house and then drove the loaner back 3 hours.

They are quite amazing! That has been my experience with my dealer and places like Galphin. Obviously there are 34 dealers in the USA and I could say how the others did although I hear they are all pretty much the same. Galphin's facilities are the exception.

Hope everyone is OK with this post.

Matthew

Last edited by LovinMercedes; 07-18-2005 at 01:40 AM.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:26 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 216 Likes on 157 Posts
Some pic's of Galpin's Aston Martin club/showroom.

http://www.mi6.co.uk/sections/articl...n_la.php3?t=&s
Old 07-21-2005, 02:55 AM

'04 E500
Open already?

I am about 5mi away from Galpin... from what I've read on their website, the showroom isn't open yet. Would like to chk it out.

Originally Posted by RJC
Some pic's of Galpin's Aston Martin club/showroom.

http://www.mi6.co.uk/sections/articl...n_la.php3?t=&s
Old 07-21-2005, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Arrow Yes, it is open...

Originally Posted by PCH_4.2
I am about 5mi away from Galpin... from what I've read on their website, the showroom isn't open yet. Would like to chk it out.
When I saw the showroom it was very close to being finished.

I called Galpin today. Their website is wrong. The showroom opened about a month ago.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:47 PM

'04 E500
Open...

That's sweet. I doubt that they'd let non-Galpin AM owners in there though.
Not an AM owner either...but yeah, they've dont quite alot of changes at their block of dealerships. Even a starbucks inside, wow...

You're not getting yours from Galpin are you?

On a side note, I got an invite from Rusnak to test drive the Bentley Flying Spur in early August...kinda too big of a car for me, but I might just take up the offer w/ a colleague.

Originally Posted by LovinSL600
When I saw the showroom it was very close to being finished.

I called Galpin today. Their website is wrong. The showroom opened about a month ago.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by PCH_4.2
That's sweet. I doubt that they'd let non-Galpin AM owners in there though.
Not an AM owner either...but yeah, they've dont quite alot of changes at their block of dealerships. Even a starbucks inside, wow...

You're not getting yours from Galpin are you?

On a side note, I got an invite from Rusnak to test drive the Bentley Flying Spur in early August...kinda too big of a car for me, but I might just take up the offer w/ a colleague.
I live in Northern California so that is where I got my Aston Martin from.

Driving the Flying Spur should be really nice. I think it will make a great 4 door luxury sedan.

Have fun.