SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Ok I have joined the bash Mercedes Club..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 05:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
Ok I have joined the bash Mercedes Club..

My dad asked me to take his CLS to the dealer today, as he has three problems with it. I called and set an appt for 10:20... I arrived at 10:22..
Got out of the car and there were a few other customers dealing with service writers. My guy was with a customer when I got there, he is new to me so he did not recognize me as his customer. Needless to say I stood for over 15 minutes before anyone even said hello. During this time there were four service writers not doing a thing on the other side of the room.
Finally someone said hello to me
he took some notes on the problems with the car (ESP, light failure, and a weird smell). After he finshed I was passed to a guy who seem irritated and annoyed that he was having to deal with me. Finally my service writer got me, very apologic about the wait. He was cool and got me into the loaner and went over the cars problems.

Overall the experience wasnt horrible, but it was not good considering you are supposed to be treated differently when you spend this kind of money on a car. Having read others experiences with Lexus etc... Mercedes flat out sucks in comparison.
My take on the problem is Mercedes has over sold the cheapy models, this glut of cars coming in takes its toll on the quality of service provided.
I realize Mercedes needs to make cheaper models to help keep sales up but customers like us that are spending $100,000 are getting F ucked.
Afterall Lexus makes cheap *** models and there level of service doesnt blow.
Normally I dont put anything negative in those customer surveys, next time I get one I am going to blast away. The more people complain on those surveys the better the chance Mercedes starts to change how it does business. Its funny, I overheard a service writer pleading with a customer to please check all excellent on the survey he is getting. Stuff like that sqews the surveys results. I cant believe they even allow the service writers to discuss it with the customer. Some people after getting a pleading phone call are apt to feel sorry for the guy not wanting to jeopordize his job by putting less than perfect marks.
Dont get me wrong, I am not asking for my *** to be kissed when I arrive at the dealer, I just expect to be greeted and helped when I pull in. Seems like that is the norm with BMW and Lexus right? I get treated better at my Chevrolet dealer, they go out of their way to be nice and come right out to greet you when you come in for service.
I hate say it but I WILL look at a BMW next time I am ready to buy a car, Id love to get that Bentley or Aston Martin treatment but I cant afford that.
I figured spending $100,000 on car with Mercedes Id be "special", as it seems now I rank no higher than a C class owner....
For what its worth, I love my Sl ...I just hate the level of service Mercedes has now.
Oh and Lovin, my dealers waiting room is a s hit hole.. there is nice doorway cut out of the wall seperating the waiting room to the service drive. I guess the never plan on "finishing" the opening. Been that way for 4 months now.. TACKY...

Last edited by lorinserbenz; 08-30-2005 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Isn't it awesome that you can have such a sweet car, but horrible dealer experiences?

Man the CLS is the only car in it's class, but it sure doesn't seem like it @ a large majority of Mercedes dealers...
Old 08-31-2005, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 M5
It's not about how much you spend on a car. The service should be there regardless of what level MB you buy. You bought a car from them, and you're bringing it in for service, which is going to generate income. If you're unhappy, you'll take your car to someone else, and your money will go with you for new purchases and service. The smart companies and dealers understand this!
Old 09-01-2005, 03:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 G63 AMG, 2019 G550
Sounds like you better find a new dealer if you feel that way; "I figured spending $100,000 on car with Mercedes Id be "special", as it seems now I rank no higher than a C class owner...."