SL/R230: RENNTECH - Finally!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 SL600, 2001 S500, 1996 SL320
RENNTECH - Finally!!!!!!

I was finally able to get the two computers out of my car this evening and shipped via FEDEX to Renntech. I found a mechanic who has been working on Mercedes for 25+ years that was willing to come over and help me with it. The first connector on the ECU gave him a little struggle, (I COULDN'T GET IT MYSELF), the middle ones were a piece of cake and the other end one was a little difficult too. Before he came over I tried removing the TCU, but after I got one of the two connectors off I couldn't budge the remaining one. He got it, but getting the unit out of its holder, proved to be the most difficult part of the whole job. After working at it for a while, it finally came out. He asked me if $20 was fair, I said more than fair, and paid him more for being willing to come over in the evening and help me out.

I had about 50 minutes to make it to FEDEX which is on the complete other side of town, and I think someone was watching the intersections and turning all the lights red as I approached, but luckily I made it and hopefully on Wednesday I will have it back and installed.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 Bentley GTC, Porsche GT2/EVOMS GT700, 1968 Dodge Charger Hemi
Originally Posted by StephenK
I was finally able to get the two computers out of my car this evening and shipped via FEDEX to Renntech. I found a mechanic who has been working on Mercedes for 25+ years that was willing to come over and help me with it. The first connector on the ECU gave him a little struggle, (I COULDN'T GET IT MYSELF), the middle ones were a piece of cake and the other end one was a little difficult too. Before he came over I tried removing the TCU, but after I got one of the two connectors off I couldn't budge the remaining one. He got it, but getting the unit out of its holder, proved to be the most difficult part of the whole job. After working at it for a while, it finally came out. He asked me if $20 was fair, I said more than fair, and paid him more for being willing to come over in the evening and help me out.

I had about 50 minutes to make it to FEDEX which is on the complete other side of town, and I think someone was watching the intersections and turning all the lights red as I approached, but luckily I made it and hopefully on Wednesday I will have it back and installed.
Welcome brother!!!!

Get your tire fund together now!! You'll burn through 'em!!!
Old 09-13-2005, 12:51 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
NICE!
I can't wait to see in a few days StephenK posting about how quickly he'll be racking up tickets!
Old 09-13-2005, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
Originally Posted by StephenK

Congratulations Stephen. I can't wait for you to get it back and installed. I have been wondering for a long time how the SL600 would feel with the RennTech. I can imagine nothing short of a bullet.

Can't wait to hear your comments. Again, congratulaions.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E500
Originally Posted by LovinSL600
Congratulations Stephen. I can't wait for you to get it back and installed. I have been wondering for a long time how the SL600 would feel with the RennTech. I can imagine nothing short of a bullet.

Can't wait to hear your comments. Again, congratulaions.
It will feel nothing short of a SL65 I am sure. Without the extra $50k
Old 09-13-2005, 11:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2003 Black SL500
Hopefully it will solve the problem of the 600 being so horribly slow! :v

Last edited by Overclocked412; 09-13-2005 at 11:14 AM.