SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Diamond Silver stunning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
Diamond Silver stunning

Just saw my first SL500 in Diamond Silver at a dealership in Salt Lake while travelling through there last week. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was not the same color as the Silver Arrow edition 2002 SL as I had been told by numerous dealers in the past. The silver arrow silver is simply Brilliant Silver with added metallic flecks in the paint. The Diamond Silver is a new and unique color with a slight blue hue as suggested in the paint sample on the SL brochure. Just curious where this misinformation originated about Dimond Silver being the same color as that of the Silver Arrow?

Diamond Silver must be a fairly rare color in the US. Of the dozens of 2003 SL's I've seen over the past 6 months, this was the first I'd seen. In fact AMGBENZ had the only Diamond Silver that I'd even heard about. Perhaps it is being reserved by Mercedes for the SL55 AMG version and is only available on the SL500 by special order?
Old 07-21-2002, 02:34 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
Diamond Silver is a very nice color indeed, but not that rare. There have been at least 4-5 SL500's come through the dealership I work at in that color in the last month an a half. In the sunshine the color is Great, but in dim light is has a little too much powder blue in it for me!!

MarcusBenz