SL/R230: My new house

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500 and A-CLASS
My new house

I am getting ready to build my house. The most important thing to me will be the garage doors. Currently my double car garage is too small for two cars, even though the contactor said I have a big double garage. I want to open each door without the fear of banging the other car and wall. So I will look for an insulated single garage door that is the size of a single garage door + half of a single garage door. A double garage door will be too big for one car.

So do we have garage experts in here? I like these doors for my 3 car garage.
http://www.raynor.com/homeowners/Vermilion.cfm

Last edited by tiggerfink; 01-01-2006 at 03:19 AM.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:24 AM
ON PROBATION

Pretty Darn nice. I think that you've identified a good choice. Can't find anything wrong with these doors. Good looks too.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:49 AM

2004 SL55, 2005 E500 Wagon
Originally Posted by tiggerfink
...I will look for an insulated single garage door that is the size of a single garage door + half of a single garage door...[/url]
Why don't you get normal sized doors and just put them further apart on the wall. That's what I did. You don't need a bigger opening to drive the car through, you just more space between the cars once you get inside.

Jim
Old 01-01-2006, 03:34 PM

2006 SL 500
I echo what Jim suggests. I'm an architect and I just so happen to be in the midst of designing my own new garage partialy because of my recent SL 500 purchase. Always try to use individual garage doors rather than one wide one if you have the room to do so - it adds interest and detail to your garage opening wall. Ideally, for resale value, you should make all doors 9' wide by 9' wide - this will allow the biggset SUV/van to enter/exit with room to spare although in the future people will look upon such a large opening as a sign of our times love affair with enormous gas guzzling vehicles! They will probably make our two car garages into four transportation unit garages with their own piped in hydrogen suppy valves.